1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about the gay male community.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LivingInACave, Aug 20, 2016.

1. LivingInACave

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey empty closets,

I want to get some thoughts off my chest. I realized I was interested in men just after new years and have been attempting to make voyages into my local and online gay communities; and have noticed some things are really turning me off.

I find a lot of older men going after young men, which I find disgusting, especially because it is almost expected, making it seem like predatory behavior is the norm. Also, I am not attracted to feminine men, and have been called homophobic for feeling such a way. It is so frustrating that people would call me homophobic while actively looking for relationships with other men.

It seems to be quite abysmal, which leads me to feel like the male gay community is almost toxic, and makes me doubt the overall legitimacy of homosexuality in men. :confused:

2. The Black Stig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're likely looking for love in the wrong places my friend, and the daddy chasing boys is a thing, im not really into but some younger guys are. Stand your ground and just say no and trust me the same things happens women as well. As far as your type im the same way, id would probably try to connect with some one on interests, chances are if you are not an feminine guy yourself and like the same things it would probably be a better match. If you are a feminine guy, look for manly individuals just dont say "i dont like you because you're to feminine" say i dont think we have a lot of common.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with a lot that The Black Stig had mentioned in his response. Just like the straight community, there are various types of guys that are liked among the masses as well. You mentioned older guys going after younger guys, well, this happens with straight people as well and a lot of younger gay men do like being with an older man for various reasons. For example, I like manly guys where as I enjoy being around feminine guys, but for my personal type in regards to intimacy, I like masculine men. Working within a gay community establishment had opened my mind to not being judgmental of different types although I may not be attracted to because everyone taste in men or what they define as a relationship is different from what I may think and that's okay. I just look at the gay community like being in Baskins & Robbins Ice Cream Parlor...there are so many different flavors that the best part is that you can choose whatever your heart desires....!!!!! Just imagine if we all had the same taste or pursued the same type of guy...how boring the world would be!!!!

4. tyro

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Block them