1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Craving attention from someone....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by crazydog15, Aug 22, 2016.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How can I stop that? I crave the attention of a few people in particular, not my parents or family members, but a few other people. One in particular. Who, yes, I have had a long-standing crush on. But he's not going to return that crush, and I'm not going to get the attention and approval that I crave from him. How can I get rid of these cravings? I don't want to have to wait for something that will never happen.

2. BenFreeman

hmmmmm...nobody's replied but
    truly I wonder if there's a human being alive who doesnt know the feeling.
    Two things...
    1. Are you absolutely sure he isn't interested or were you just too shy to try?/ let him know you like him like that
    2. When and if you have exhausted the possibility that he might be interested...
    run
    distract yourself as much as possible
    go cold turkey...
    leave him alone...you are only going to hurt yourself by hanging around
    find other company...
    it will go with time...and you can aid that process by spending that time with other people!

there's a reason crushes are called crushes..
    sometimes they crush you...
    take care

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I can be honest...I did hesitate on responding to this thread because I wanted to be careful with my words in order not to offend but give a response that would be insightful because although there's quite the possibility that a lot of people have gone through what you are referring to in your initial thread but like most things in life...we all handle situations differently.

With that being said...I can share with you from my own experience. There was this one guy whom I did have a crush on and although he would speak to me and even hold a conversation with me, he was not giving me the attention that I would have liked him to. However, it did not take me long to find out that he was very much aware that I was liking him and therefore, instead of him being flattered from my attention, he decided to play this little game and take advantage of the situation altogether. Unfortunately, for me...once you show me what you are all about or give me a reaction that draws for me a red flag, I immediately shut down from it all. This is what I did to this guy. I would still speak and be gracious towards him whenever he was in my presence, but that was as far as it went. If you are not quite sure that this guy may feel the same as you..then perhaps you should invite him out for drinks or even coffee and if he accepts your invitation, you will know from the time spent if this guy likes you that way or not. However, if you invite him and then he declines your invitation, then you should just start pulling yourself away from him altogether instead of keep hoping for something to happen which may not. The way I look at it...when one door closes..another one always open and also when situations such as this does not work out the way you hope it will...this too could be a "saving grace" for you to avoid future heartbreak down the road. Whatever you decide...Good luck!!! JS