1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need some advice on a guy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by dblockdavis, Sep 4, 2016.

1. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A while back i posted this in a thread
    "There is this guy i see at my work sometimes. I work at a department store in FL. I often see him staring at me. When i walk past him he looks very flustered. One time, i was talking to someone and he was standing behind me going apeshit all hyper like he wanted my attention. Going around and looking and stuff and staring at me at the same time. Next thing i see is him applying for a job at one of the kiosks. When i catch him looking at me he jerks his head away really fast. I turned around once and i don't think he saw me but he was staring with a little smirk. I clearly have his attention, but why? I also think i saw him stopped at a light in front of me across the intersection and while he was talking to his passenger he was staring at me the whole time with a little smirk on his face. One time i was smiling while talking to someone and i made eye contact with him walking by on accident. He was watching me smile and i made eye contact with him. I think this got his attention."

Anyway, i havent seen him in a looooong time but i saw him today. As he was walking by, he made direct eye contact with me and very quickly he gave me a "awww/hey" look with a light genuine looking smile, and he kept walking. I need to break the ice and talk to him i think. what should i do and how should i break the ice?

2. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No one has some advice?

3. trojan

maybe just start out friendly, like 'remember me from the store?" and if it is possible try to sit down somewhere like for tea or just on a bench. If all you do is say hi it will fade away, but if you can sit and chat a while you will become friends. Maybe even just bluntly tell him you would like to do something together like whatever, go to a book store or offer him a ride or something. I have this same problem, and have not yet broken the ice.

4. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going to start a conversation next time i see him. When he was asking someone a question, i walk up too (i do that sometimes) And his face lit up and he smirked a little bit.

5. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would it be fair to assume you are paying him quite a lot of attention too? I'm assuming that you want to start a conversation based on your attraction as well as his.

A couple of pointers once you have plucked up the courage to talk.

+Don't make it complicated. Just say it as it is i.e. "Hi, I usually see you a lot around here but I haven't seen you for a while, how's things?"

+Pay a genuine compliment i.e. "I always notice you because you have a really cheery smile."

+Cut the small talk. Don't make boring small talk about the weather or work. Ask questions that show you want to get to know him i.e. "If you could be doing anything in the world besides this, what would it be?" or "what is the best compliment you ever received?" or "what is the most recent creative thing you did?"

Obviously the question should have some context within the scenario that you're meeting because you don't want to come across as a crazy person but this sort of question says two things:

I'm genuinely interested in you right now
    I want to be involved in your future

Hope that helps a bit.

6. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well i saw him look around for me and then wait for me but i chickened out and avoided him :/. He stood there for a minute waiting. I also saw him driving and he snapped his head away really fast when i saw him look at me. His facebook profile says Interested in: Women. Yikes.

7. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  8. MagicPotato

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    First of all, do you even know if he's gay? Sometimes I make the mistake of thinking someone is interested in me romantically, when in reality they were just really friendly. How does he interact with other people? I guess for advice, you could just go up to him and talk about how you two used to work in the same store and all that. And then maybe say you should both go watch a movie or something to catch up.Tell him he can bring his girlfriend along, and that will help you find out if he's actually gay.

9. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey dblockdavis,

Why did you chicken out?

If you just start out seeing if the two of you can be friends, what do you have to lose? Calf's advice for starting a conversation with him is completely sound. The more you avoid him, the more this will prey on your mind and probably also make him think that you have no mutual interest in him whatsoever.

If he is gay or bi or even bi curious, he may very well consider his sexuality very private and thus his Facebook profile could simply be a front. But, until/unless you get to know him, you'll almost certainly never find out.

10. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, don't go by Facebook profiles. That is a very easily accessed social media site that comes up near the top of most search engines.

You have to present the image you want to sell the world there, not necessarily the real you. It takes one heck of a marketing genius to sell gay in a 100% positive light to absolutely anyone.

Yes, I know the person that does it. Openly gay drag queen, global social media and marketing expert, freelancer and one heck of an amazing person. (Note: PERSON - singular, one of a kind, the only one I have ever seen succeed at selling gay as universally and as positively as they have.)

11. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know if hes even gay. Alot of people his age and with his looks always have a girl with them. I have NEVER EVER seen him with a girl. I know he is also single. He gave me that warm smile also that one time.

#11 dblockdavis, Oct 31, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2016