1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on my (gay) roommate

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by teenage, Sep 6, 2016.

1. teenage

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi everyone! Haven't used this site in forever -- but to be fair, I wasn't necessarily active on it before...But I digress.

I'm looking for some advice; I have a crush on my roommate and I don't know what to do. We're both gay and we were both matched together via a roommate survey -- I suppose I can say we're at least ~somewhat~ compatible :icon_wink. I've been living with him for a month, but we've been talking for probably two. I can't tell if he likes me or not, but it's definitely possible the feelings are mutual. What should I do? -- Worried about things getting awkward, especially considering we're going to be forced to live with each other until the school year is over in May.

Thanks in advance~~

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey teenage,

Have you thought about just working slowly but steadily to see you can just be friends, first? Maybe see what kind of common interests you have and see if he's willing to hang out with you. The fact that you both are aware that each other is gay makes it easier from the standpoint that you know you're not wasting your time chasing a straight guy. But both of you being gay doesn't define either of you, it's simply an aspect of who you are. You've got to have much more in common with him to have a real relationship.

You still have to figure out just how compatible you might be and if he's as romantically interest in you as you are in him. (In my view, any real relationship won't work if you can't first just be friends.) So why not just focus your efforts on making a new friend and see where it goes from there?

Hope this help a little.

Take Care and Best of Luck!:slight_smile:

#2 Quantumreality, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  3. killswitch0029

Two months isn't very long, regardless of living together or not. Try NFC stretch things out a bit longer to make sure the two of you are compatible.