1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to manage being lonely?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kobra kid, Sep 7, 2016.

1. kobra kid

Basically I have literally no friends and no idea how to even make friends or even acquaintances...lame I know. I've been able to manage other stuff that contributes to my depression but I'm totally lost on this and could use some advice. Stuff I've found on the internet isn't that helpful. :/ Thanks in advance.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm in the same predicament. But you're free to talk to me if you like.

I suppose that's how socializing works. Find someone you have something in common with or see on a regular basis and share part of your life with them.

3. Knight Wilson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ditto. Same problem here. It feels like I've tried or considered everything to meet people: getting a part-time job, going to Meetups, going to therapy, looking for clubs to join, but nothing has really worked.

It seems that I'm the problem: None of my interests are really activities I could do with others. Also, it almost seems as if I'm unwittingly doing things that make it difficult for people to approach me (like wearing headphones), or distancing myself from the few people I do know because I'm afraid of rejection.

It's hard for me figure out where to start to fix all of this.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! You don't mention how old you are or whether you are in school, or at a college; but if you are attending school or are in college, is there a possibility for you to join a group where you would have something in common with the others in that group? Establishing some common ground could help you to start a conversation and slowly take it from there.

Failing that, is there a social or support group in your community that you could join or attend on a regular basis?

What are some of the things that interest you?