1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was my best friend into me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ruinbow, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Ruinbow

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know if she was either into me or she just liked the attention I gave her all the time. Let's call my crush Miranda.

So, the crush developed around the ninth grade and I defined myself as bi-curious at the time (I now consider myself lesbian) and both her and I were very flirty with one another, I hadn't realized until Miranda and I were joined with another one of my close friends and she told us we were weird because of the way we interacted with each other.

Basically, we flirted a lot, and I feel like she knew that I liked her. I feel that way because she liked to play with my emotions a lot, like she figured out that I get jealous when she's around one of my friends, let's call her Hazel. She would openly flirt with Hazel and then right after she would look my way to see my reaction, she would do that every time. Before you could see how bothered I was but I learned to mask it after falling for her tricks many times.

I felt like she liked Hazel since she always mentioned her at the most random-est times and her eyes would always light up when she's around. And what gave it away was when I was always the third wheel when I hung out with both of them, like they pretended I wasn't there. Back then, this ruined me and I felt hopeless and so I decided to stop talking to her to avoid the hurt. I then found out that Hazel came out as pan-sexual but later changed to demi-sexual and I felt so angry and I know my feelings aren't justified.

Miranda still messages me everyday and she's always the one who initiates the conversations but I'm giving short replies or sometimes not even replying at all. I hope to one day end communication with her because I'm just tired of feeling hurt all the time. She was my first actual crush and I liked her from ninth grade all the way to 12th.

What do you think of all of this? Do you think she was into Hazel? I hate mixed signs. I always thought she just used me to make Hazel jealous and my assumptions crushed me. How do I get over all of this if she did?