1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its weird I was asked out today and it made me angry.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LostEmptySoul, Sep 13, 2016.

1. LostEmptySoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So earlier today I stopped by the library to look at some local colleges and research if I want to go to school to be a doctor or not. So anyways while I was there A guy grabs a book and sits at the table across from me and I assume that he is reading it. So you know how you have peripheral vision after 10 minutes I just notice he is literally gazing straight at me. So I stop typing and look straight at him and he just raises his eyebrows and smiles at me to be honest he was actually very attractive I guess.

So anyways he gets up returns the book to the shelf and comes and sits at the table where I am at and asks me where he knows me from becuase I look familiar. I explain to him that im not from around here so he probably has me confused with somebody else. He looks at my laptop and notices I have the pages up of schools im looking at and so we strike up some generic conversation and he asks me if I want to "hang out" this weekend.

I cant explain but I was just overwhelmed with anger and angry that he even had the audacity to ask me out. This is not the first time it has happened this has happened on 3 occassions to me and I dont know I always get angry when men ask me out.

Im not sure what this feeling is maybe its because i wasnt expecting it I dont know he seemed really nice to be honest but it made me angry and I dont understand why it was.

Is this weird?

2. killswitch0029

From my stand point I'd say you're pretty lucky in this scenario. That aside as to why you get angry.... Was it him acting all informal and stuff before asking you out? What were the past experiences like when you got angry? Maybe if you look at em all together you might be able to get a broader perspective on it.

3. LostEmptySoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well when I really dont know i thought it was a normal conversation. Then when he showed like romantic interest twoards me something flipped and I just became angry and shot his offer down. Prior to that one time was at the gym but the reason I was upset that time is becuase I was finishing my 6 mile run and after I finished and headed to the lockeroom this guy power walked from the otherside of the gym to go in right behind me.

I was just washing the sweat off my face and rising off and he just said hey I said hi and he looked around and nobody else was there and he just said your kinda cute and put both his hands on the back of my shoulders and started rubbing them. I immediatley said not interested walked away and left. He was not unnatractive or anything but I dont go to the gym for that so his expressed interest I dont know it just angered me.

I also dont like the fact that he took it upon himself to touch me like that when he didnt even know me I dont care how good looking he was hat makes him think he had the right to just do that it pissed me off a little bit.

It has happened at work as well. I guess for me If im not familiar with somebody I dont know it just angers me when guys i am not really familiar with express interest in me I guess.

When its a guy I know or have gotten comftorble with or know at least enough and they do it then its fine. But I dont know maybe its the random out of the blueness I dont know I cant explain it but i dont like it and it makes me angry for some reason.

When I think of guys I have dated or been with in the past it was always somebody I was familiar with and so it happened naturally and never was sprung upon me if that makes sense I dont know its hard to explain.

#3 LostEmptySoul, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  4. faustian1

I'm getting from what you wrote that this is your normal reaction to someone who is that forward. BUT you also wrote that your reaction confused you, but then you said you always get angry when men ask you out.

As an aside, I'm curious where you grew up, I mean, what city or region?

Another question: Do you ask men out? In other words, do you prefer to do the initiating?

I'm wondering if you missed out on being hit on by someone interesting.

5. killswitch0029

This little bit right here could serve as a plausible explanation if you ask me.

6. LostEmptySoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    sorry if i dont respond after this it means im asleep. I wont say where I live or grew up becuase thats personal identifying information and I am not revealing any of that on this site. As far as the men I have dated in the past first was in highschool but I knew him literally since we were both 5 years old we knew eachother pretty much our whole lives and he just flat out asked me one day if I had a boyfriend and if I wanted one. Shocked me because I had no idea he was gay but yeah that went from there.

The second guy I met while I was working at an amusement park he was one of the performers at the park and I would watch the shows he put on everyday it was my first job out of highschool. One day I got off very late and it was like 12:00 and we both ended up on the same bus headed downtown and he said he recognized me because my job was to entertain a bunch of people all day at the park and it was close to the stage he performed at.

This was like 2 months after working there and I had also interacted with him a bit at the exclusive employee only parties. We were pretty much the only two people on the bus and he asked me if he could sit next to me and we just talked and I walked home with him and we started hanging out more and the rest is self explanatory.

Then I met a guy while I was a server at a restuarant he was nice and about 10 years older than me but he frequeted the restuarant. He was the nicest to me. The thing is i dont know why those instances didnt bother me and these recent ones are i guess. Im to sleepy to think about it any longer maybe tomorrow i can revisit this issue.

7. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To expand on what I think killswitch0029 is saying, some people need to feel an emotional attachment to a person before they can have any sexual attraction to them. That might be an explanation for the portion of your post that killswitch0029 quoted and this quote:

The term I've heard used is demisexual, but I have no idea if it has any authoritative or researched validity.

Just a thought.

#7 Quantumreality, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016