1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell my roomate I am gay?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by faceup, Sep 13, 2016.

1. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello guys here I am living in another country and one of my roomates is gay should I tell him that I am gay ?
    My others roomates they "respect" gay people but are a little bit homophobic. Agaisnt same sex couple adopting kids and also they if the people think it is normal to be gay there will be one day all the human race will be gone because there will not be more children !!

Should I tell him that I am gay ? Am I being a "BAD"person not telling ?

I am asking because there was a guy with us today and he said are you both gay? Because you both look straight !!

My friend said, he is straight and I am Gay

at this time I was thinking should I tell him or not ! !

2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could I just ask which country you are living in?

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, faceup. You aren't being a bad person by not telling him you're gay. It is always your choice - and only YOUR choice - whether you choose to share such personal information as your sexual preference with anyone!

If you feel that it is important to Come Out to him so that he knows that he has an ally, again that would be your choice. But you shouldn't feel that you HAVE to Come Out to him. If you do Come Out to him as an ally, then you will almost certainly have to open up to your other roomates, as well. Otherwise you are most likely going to have to sit there quietly and appear to be hypocritical in your gay roomate's eyes whenever your other roommates start making anti-LGBTQ or homophobic comments... Just something to consider.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Take Care. Stay strong and proud!:slight_smile:

4. killswitch0029

You're not obligated to let him know but the decision is ultimately up to you. If it bothers you keeping it in then telling him could be a good way to go, just don't think that you're a bad person if you don't tell him.

5. faceup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He knows I am a ally because when our roomates started talk shit about same sex marrige and adoption I got really angry and I start arguing with them also I went to a gay club with him. I just did not kiss anyone because I didn`t find anyone handsome kkkkk

So he knows I am a ally, but I am not prepare to come out yet !

I will wait until I feel more comfortable with my sexuality !

Thanks for all the answers it was really helpfull