1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm worried about my future.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Canterpiece, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Right now, things are looking fairly hopeless. I'm in my second year of College, and I'm still resitting my maths and my English. You're probably thinking- it serves you right, you deserve to be unemployed because clearly you're just lazy.

I've heard that many times, but I don't see myself as such. It's not like I don't try, I do. It's just my attempts never seem to be good enough. Perhaps I'm just an idiot. But then why do others misjudge me so much? They have this expectation that I'm intelligent, but I'm not.

If I had a dime for how many times I've heard "You're in this class? But I thought you were smart!" I'd have a small fortune by now.

People try and console you, pointing out all the famous people who have struggled. That's all well and good, until you consider that they flunked out of some top school and that's hardly comparable to the average Joe who failed some run off the Mill one.

This year will be my last true year of retaking my GCSEs, and after that...well.... that's a concern of mine. What if I stuck with my parents and never move out? What if I never achieve anything or make anything of my life? Will I have to go back to College and will I never be able to go to University or get hired for an apprenticeship? Am I destined for a life on the streets? Am I a disappointment? A waste of space?

*screaming*

:bang:

I feel pretty hopeless right now. :icon_sad: How have I managed to screw up my life so badly already? :eusa_doh:

:tantrum:

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

:help:

#1 Canterpiece, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  2. PerfectIllusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You didn't screw up your life, you're still very young and shouldn't be so worried and stressed about your future. Life is much more than what you learn in school. Knowing how to deal with people, for example, can be more useful for your professional life than getting straight "A"s in math.

Maybe you are studying in the wrong way? Have you tried extra classes with a monitor or a different teacher?