1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to meet people?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by thelittlerabbit, Sep 15, 2016.

1. thelittlerabbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just a little background about me: I'm a 21 year old female in college.

I've just started becoming comfortable with the fact that I'm attracted to women, and I would like to start getting more involved with the community/dating, but I'm having problems meeting people that I gel with.

I have a couple male friends who are gay, and that's nice and all but they're not really involved with the L part of the LGBT community.

I've tried going to the "Queer women" group on campus, and everyone there was super nice and everything, but I just didn't feel like I fit in. Everyone there just seemed like hipsters and I don't really fit in with those type of people very much.

I've downloaded the Her app, but I'm really not that comfortable with online dating. I would much rather get to know people in person as opposed to just chatting over an app.

I just feel like I've lost so many years of my life where I could've been dating, because I'm not attracted to men. I'm just frustrated and I just really want to get out there and start dating, but I have no idea how to.

2. killswitch0029

With a quick google search you might be able to find areas in your town/surrounding towns that lgbt people frequent. That's a possibility