1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay in Highschool is a Rough, Lonely Time :I

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by yaygaysian17, Sep 15, 2016.

1. yaygaysian17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I'm currently a 17 yr old, Junior in High school and recently became open Freshmen year! I feel so bad sometimes just thinking about guys that I could never be in a relationship with. I just want a man to just, be there for me, you know? Drive me places and take me out to eat, maybe watch a movie? But it's so hard to find a guy like that because it's like, "Are you straight or?" Maybe I should stop living in the clouds :dry:. :help::help::help:

2. killswitch0029

High school can be pretty rough when trying to meet other gay people. From someone who was in high school not that long ago (if you consider 6 years not too long, lol) it can be a very hostile environment. Teenagers literally look for reasons to target someone and being gay can be a pretty big reason to some people. Not saying you school is like this, but it's not uncommon.

You're still pretty young, so I wouldn't worry much about finding someone. You're 17, almost done with high school. Finding other gay people will be a much easier task to accomplish once you graduate, especially if you go to college. People tend to be a lot more open around that time.

I hope my answer, at least in some small way, gave you some assurance. If not, sorry :frowning2:

3. ABeautifulMind

I feel for you... Im also a Texan, and it can be rough here...

The important thing to realize is your young and still have plenty of time to find mr right and date and all... For now you might consider just looking for places to meet other LGBT peeps.. Maybe that will eventually lead to a hook up or something, but if not, it will be nice to have the support... I know it is hard to do in Texas, but its not impossible... There are also a few big cities that can help... If you are near Austin it is VERY SURPRISINGLY in the top ten friendliest cities for LGBT...

Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio would probably be good... Lubbock and El Paso less so but still better than somewhere like Vidor lol... (I say that desperately hoping you dont live near Vidor....)

Bottom line is, even in Texas its not impossible to find some LGBT people, especially if you live close to one of the cities I mentioned...

What are your college plans? If you plan on going will it more likely be in state or out of state?

Anyways, I wish you luck, I will keep checking here, but if you want to talk to a fellow Texan feel free to post on my wall...

---------- Post added 15th Sep 2016 at 10:58 PM ----------

BTW that top ten list is a nationwide list, meaning Austin is in the top ten nationwide, and it is much higher than 10 in the list, though I dont remember its exact position..

4. yaygaysian17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks so much for your reply, it really means a lot. I actually DO live in Austin, but unfortunately, I can't drive and I'm not openly gay towards my family. But I see where you're coming from! It's really friendly here and everyone is very open to LBGT so that's a plus.

---------- Post added 16th Sep 2016 at 10:21 PM ----------

Thanks for your advice! Actually, my school is really open to the LGBT community so that's a plus. Your answer did give me lots of insurance, and hopefully in college I may be able to find someone :slight_smile:.