1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social anxiety and work problems

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Blood Elf, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have been working at a retail store for about a year and a half now, mainly been stocking the shelves. Signed up for it because it's less communication with the public. But, now it's giving me problems as well as the manager. About a month ago, I was moved with no choice to the electronics department, where not only do I have to stock the electronics (which is much more complicating than normal stocking), I have to also run the register and answer phone calls. Pretty much two shifts at once, as someone else comes in a couple hours after we open to take over the register/phone calls part (sales floor). Though, every other section we stock, it's just stocking, nothing else to it. So, it's the lesser thing to do with the public other than backroom.

I had an open mind to it at first, I enjoy trying new things but after a month it isn't working. It's killing me, my social anxiety is starting to get worse ever since and it's getting to where I cannot deal with it. I'll start to break down randomly and just feel lost, due to having to answer calls, run the register, doing all of that at once and being around people a lot (via phone and in person). I approached my team leader about it this past Monday and told her that I wanted to go back to regular stocking, she asked why so I told her the truth, she went on to say she would try to find someone to replace me. Then today, I was told by a fellow co-worker that she approached him and one other person, but they both denied it. So, she has asked around but it seems like they're just going to keep me on it and I cannot do it anymore. Next week, she isn't going to be there at all but a manager ahead of her will be running my team instead. She's a pain in the ass to deal with it and I need to figure out how I can approach her Monday morning with what my problem is.

Any advice? All is greatly appreciated.

#1 Blood Elf, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  2. Lightsaberpearl

Out Status:
    Some people
    If your store supports 504 plans you could try and get one in place, but I believe you can only get one if your business if government funded so I'm not sure how useful this will be.

3. Blood Elf

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Possibly, but I don't know much or anything about it. I don't think it's an option though, but thank you for your answer.

#3 Blood Elf, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016