1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angry at myself for not going to lgbt group, and feel lost

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by laviedadele, Sep 22, 2016.

1. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like I have a lot on my plate, I've had to get up at 6/7am every day for 3 weeks, have deadlines, booked up weekends, society commitments, and exams looming.

Today I bailed on going to the main social of the year for my university's lgbt group, my one chance. I was toying with the idea of going alone for a couple of hours. But had the biggest headache, had just got in from an exhausting day of campaigning approaching strangers. I just felt shattered and unsociable, have to be up early tomorrow, headache made drinking unappealing, and VERY nervous. So it would've been a push to go, and I didn't. I'm so disappointed with myself.

I've tried dating apps but I find it time consuming and a lot of pressure. And blind dates are exhausting/disappointing. I'm supposed to be going on a second date with a girl in a few days, but I don't know if I can make it anymore with my deadlines, and it would involve a bit of travel. I want to see someone local. I feel awful though if I let her down, especially as I'm not free in the foreseeable future :frowning2:

And another girl. The opposite, lives very close but I wasn't too fussed about seeing her again. Yesterday she text me out of the blue after having gone away for the summer. Again I feel awful. I don't want to ignore it, I wouldn't mind meeting up but feel I have no time.

I feel like I'm just blocking myself from finding someone. Or do I just not like these girls? Do I even like girls? I want to get some lgbt counselling but am broke. I would ask my parents but they haven't spoken to me since I came out to them a few weeks ago.

2. Really

Does your university have a counselling service? That should be free or very cheap, I'd think. And if you have an LGBT social group at school, I'm sure they're experienced in LGBT issues. You can't possibly be the first one to seek help.

Don't beat yourself up about your busy schedule. It is what it is. Maybe there's a 2 hour window somewhere you could carve out and invite that local girl to meet for a coffee, a walk or something simple where you could just get to know her better. She could be a friend if there's no romantic spark. Just explain beforehand that your time is limited but would still like to meet up and do something easy.

Is there a mid or end of term break when you'll have more free time? You could arrange something then with the far-away girl. See if that appeals to her. I'm sure if you explain your current schedule, nobody will hold it against you.

And keep an eye out for smaller activities which that LGBT group might hold. An hour here or there will still give you the opportunity to meet others.

3. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you so much for your reply, it really helped. Sometimes I just can't work my thoughts out or make any decisions and I hate myself for it.

Just so much doubt, overthinking, insecurity and time wasting.

Your suggestions are good and make sense. I'm going to try and do what you said!