1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Scared.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Male Streisand, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

My mother is being admitted to hospital on Monday and I'm terrified. She was diagnosed with a cyst in her brain the size of a Kiwi fruit, it wasn't growing but she still had a ton of pain at the time. She then learned to manage the pain up until this point, she went for blood work last week Friday and now the doctors want to do more tests. I can't do this, I can't loose her now, she's only 43, I'm 17, she's the only person I trust at home and she means everything to me. I can't sleep, I can't think straight, I can't concentrate on my school work, I can't handle this. Not now. This can't be happening, she doesn't deserve this, she's done nothing wrong, I can't understand why she is being punished. We don't know what's going to happen next, I just can't loose her now, not when my dad is a homophobic asshole who is trying to screw me over. My music teacher has already offered me her home if, and God forbid, something happens to my mom and my dad screws me over. I just don't know what I can do, I have an art exhibition on Tuesday where I have to perform a scene with my drama class, I'm thinking of dropping out of it, I just can't focus on anything because of how terrified I am.
    :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears: :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

2. TravelFever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not a doctor and this might not be the biggest help, but a cyst isn't a death sentence! But I admit it is scary. Do you have a friend where you can stay for a couple of days? Someone understanding might help you calm down a little bit.

3. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, Male Streisand, you have one hell of a life.

First, easier said than done, calm down. Don't freak out

Second, do you know precisely where do cyst is located, or which cyst it is ? This could change everything. I'm no pro in all this, but Wikipedia taught me there are lots of kinds of cysts.

Third, it's up to you if you want to drop from the scene. You can try to do it as much as it is okay not to perform it.

Fourth, I suggest you not to completely leave your dad, as it could worsen your relationship (unless he's the biggest asshole Earth ever created).
    Try to stay with your dad as long as it doesn't become extreme (if he hits you or mentally attacks you). Have a backup plan always in mind : a friend's house, your teacher's home, etc...

And last but not least, stay strong and don't forget we are all here for you.

4. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know it's not a death sentence, it's just most of the doctors are calling it a tumor an that just freaks me out. I'm just scared because the doctor said that whenever she's going to be by herself for an extended period of time, like showering, she has to tell everyone so that if she is gone for too long we can check if she hasn't passed out. She has become extremely forgetful and I'm so scared. My dad won't let me stay at anyone's house, at all. I wish I could just go and stay with my teacher but my dad is a hard ass and won't go for stuff like that, no matter how much I ask.

5. TravelFever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :icon_sad: I cross my fingers for you and your mum.
    I am very sorry you have to go through this shit.

6. Male Streisand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

The doctor said it is an Arachnoid cyst in the right side of her brain. The doctors don't want to operate because a main artery runs directly through the middle of the cyst. Yet she still experiences extreme pain and sometimes can't even get out of bed. :tears:

And as for my dad, there is no relationship. He is the biggest asshole Earth has ever created, and there is no future where him and I would ever get along.

7. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    You have a lot of support coming from everywhere and you can rely on the doctors to take care of your mother.

I'm so sorry I can't help more, I'd love to help your mom, to help you, to talk with your dad...