1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo... Meeting people from online.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LiquidGirlGuy, Sep 26, 2016.

1. LiquidGirlGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I'm a guy whose questioning his gender identity and sexuality. I've got an interest in crossdressing and switching over but I feel like I'm too young and inexperienced to make that decision yet. Anyways, one day I decided to try out whisper, and for the heck of it I looked up crossdressing. I found a group on there, and saw that there was a guy who lived in the same city as me. I messaged him to just talk about stuff, and he asked for a dick pic after a while? Albeit he had just asked if I was into guys and I said I had no idea but I wasn't aposed to the thought. Is this sketchy? I'd love to meet someone who shares such an intimate interest with me, but at the same time whisper isn't exactly but the best place to meet an online friend. I don't want welcome a creepy guy into my life. I love the idea of having a irl friend (with maybe benefits?) that I could talk to about sensitive stuff such as maybe being bi, ect. But I don't want to risk my life for one. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

p.s I haven't sent the pic yet, I told him I wanted to be careful online.

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If someone is asking for a picture like that, then do not expect the type of relationship which you are looking for. He is looking to satisfy his own sexual desires. As you also said, the site your on is probably not best suited to find friends.

Alternatively, you should consider searching for an LGBT center in your area. That is where I would start.

3. LiquidGirlGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Do you think it's be safe to meet him? I'm willing to experiment and try things out, I'm young and curious! I just don't want to end up in a windowless van driving off into the sunset.

I'll definitely try to take your advice on the LGBT center idea. I've thought of going to one before, but I was scared I'd be rejected or deemed *fake*.

#3 LiquidGirlGuy, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  4. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do not meet up with people who send or request explicit pictures that quickly in conversation.

5. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have actually met up with an online friend before and it was really nice, however, in your situation I'm not sure it's a good idea, because of what has already been said here. If somebody is asking for explicit pictures so early then they're probably the type of person you want to avoid.

However, if you do decide to meet up with this guy, or anybody from online, then it's really nowhere near as dangerous as people make it out to be - all you have to do it meet in a populated place, preferably somewhere regulated where you can't buy drugs or alcohol, so nobody is drunk or high or anything. I met my online friend in a really popular shopping centre in the city, you know the type of place where there's a lot of families around and a lot of stuff to do. Also, make sure that there's somebody you can call with the safe reassurance that they will answer if things go wrong.

6. Bubbletea

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly, I met my current gf through ****** and we have been together for 2.5 years. And before her I had some one night stands through ****** as well and about 7/10 was ok enough.

My tip is, ask the most random bs you can think of (I asked things like "do you prefer giraffes or zebras" and "are you more of a curtain or panel person." And if they are still interested after a few days you possibly have someone who is actually interested and ALSO you have found out so much about them and them anout you in the meantime

7. LiquidGirlGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ah finally! Thank you for all of the advice, I will definitely take heed and be careful. I meant to reply back sooner but I had forgotten my password haha..