1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I stop overthinking ?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TheChainedPegasus, Sep 26, 2016.

1. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

If you put out the last row, that's me when I go to sleep, most of the time. I don't cry, yet I feel really sad and almost depressed.

When I go to sleep with my grandmother (I keep her company when I can, so I sometimes stay the night with her). Sometimes, I sigh so hard she asks me if something is wrong and I just say "No grandma, don't worry, sleep".

I hate that, and it's complex because when something sad happens to me, I want it to last so it'll never come back, or at least in a while. But this is the only thing that happens very regularly.

Please tell me there's a way to stop that.

2. Pinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think there is exactly an easy way to stop this :frowning2:
    Complex situations take a while to sort out. Especially if it has to do with our emotions and feelings. If your problems affect your daily life I think it is best to get help.

I know it must be really frustrating to feel this way...I think the best thing to do first is talk about it with someone you trust. Bottling up your problem will only cause you more distress. It is best not to suppress it.

If you don't have someone you feel comfortable with to talk to, you can always seek help from mental health resources.

Is there a school nurse you can talk to? or maybe staff at your school can direct you to a school counsellor?

The stigma around asking for help discourages many people from seeking it. Especially the stigma around mental health, please don't be scared to reach out.

I have always kept to myself but once I got over the tough leap to ask and get help for myself. I realized that I shouldn't have been so scared to ask in the first place. Weather it be help from family, friends, or mental health resources.

I wish you the best of luck.

3. perpetuality

Aaaah, overthinking. Sometimes a problem needs to fester for a while before it can be solved, sometimes it needs to be solved immediately. Try distracting yourself with something or talk it out with a person you trust (or maybe right here at EC). There's nothing I can do about sadness, so you'll mayhap need professional help with that one.

4. TheChainedPegasus

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd love to speak of it, but the problem is that I don't want to annoy the only person I really trust, he's been so kind to me, I don't want to ruin our friendship because I talk too much of my problems.

Also, I'm OK to talk with some doctor, but I don't want to share my life with people who will forget me right after (or after a little while at least), because that's their job.