1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mentally hitting a wall

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 1 lost boy, Sep 28, 2016.

1. 1 lost boy

Well I haven't posted anything on here in a while but I need to vent and just talk to somebody. For a while I've been in good standings thinking if someone com we s along and I like them then I'll see if anything happens. I figure if it happens it happens and if not I'll focus on myself, but in the past few days I've been thinking a lot.

In the last few months moved from the small town I'm from to Monroe, Michigan which is bigger but still smallish. But anyway I moved in with a friend and his family, which I feel like I've been here forever it's like I never left home but I do everything like I'm on my own. But I don't have the money to be on my own right now but bahhh that's not the important bit.

Anywho there was this kid at tacobell (he worked there) and I thought that he's really cute-hot-adorible and kind of have a small crush but figure he's probably straight and there's no way. By the way I've never been with anyone or dated a guy before, which in my eyes is sadening cuz I'm 21and have only been in one relationship with a girl I liked once. But anywho that got me back in the mood of will I always be alone because I don't know how to put myself out there? Like I'm a automotive mechanic for a living, I love cars and car stuff so it's not like I deal with the public and can flirt with guys. I just do go out enough don't know where I could go to meet people and have to much anxiety to do it by myself.

I just don't know how to life like there is the giant gap of how to meet people and idk, like I could use someone in my life some days and it's just me here by myself. Sometimes life is just disappointing, given I've come a long way from where I was when I joined EC to where I am now but I just wish I had people like minded to talk to and vent with. Well anyway thanks for taking the time to read this if you did and if you have any advise feel free thanks everyone

2. ABeautifulMind

Putting yourself out there can be difficult, I completely understand that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But if you are out to the people around you, you might consider asking the guy at taco bell... what is the worst that could happen? Now I am sure you have a huge things built up regarding that very question, but really think about it, and odds are the worst is him saying he is straight... then you know and just move along.. But what if its the opposite? What if he is gay? sometimes it is hard to tell :wink:

I dont have much else to add, I am not really familiar with the small town woes as much as I am conservative/southern town woes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But I can say if you want to talk my wall is always open :slight_smile:

Well, its covered with all sorts of posts, but your more than welcome to post there if you just want to chat with "like-minded" individuals :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Otherwise I hope you can figure everything out... I know putting yourself out there is hard, but it can be worth it :wink:

3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey 1 lost boy,

Yeah, Monroe isn't exactly a hotspot for LGBT meet sites or activities. Toledo is only slightly better in that regard. You can also do a little online research of LGBT places to hang out in the Detroit area. But your best bet, even though it is a bit of a drive would probably be to hang out in Ann Arbor. It is a very LGBT-friendly town with several LGBT/LGTB-friendly clubs and bars (with Pride nights, etc), an LGBT center, LGBT restaurants and a significant LGBT population (a large portion of whom are around your age). Again, a search online can tell you names of some of the main locations for LGBT activity in Ann Arbor.

Going alone or with a female friend to some of these locations can be an asset, if you want guys to think they can approach you. If you go with a guy friend (even a straight one), it may be assumed that he's your bf and that you are off-limits, so you would have to actively approach guys that you are interested in...

Just some thoughts.

Take Care.:slight_smile:

#3 Quantumreality, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  4. ABeautifulMind

Because you say you have a problem with not thinking guys can tell your gay, have you ever considered wearing a rainbow accessory like maybe a bracelet.... Im pretty sure that would send the message pretty clearly... If you comfortable with that I mean...

Just an idea :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. OldDog1952

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OK so while were on the here's an idea thing. How about this if he's working the counter try getting him to take your order. You may have to let someone else go ahead of you to do this. Just say go ahead I'M not done reading the menu. Most fast food places have A standard greeting like Hi can I take your order. No matter what he says you say Hi I would like, As you say Hi look him in the eyes smile & check his facial expressions. If his eyes seem to light up & he smiles this is A good indication he likes you. If his expression remains blank & he just proceeds to punch in your order He's probably not interested. If you do get the smile it wouldn't hurt to flirt a little. Like when he gives you your order smile & say why thank you. You were so helpful. if you have long hair flip it back. That's something women do to flirt. If not just run your fingers through it. None of this is A guaranteed strategy but it may give you some indication as to his interest. A smile back after the hair thing is always A good thing too. Good luck.:thumbsup: