1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick of being upset

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by BandQueen, Oct 1, 2016.

1. BandQueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been in band for 7 years with the same band director and I've been band captain for the past 2. So last Tuesday she called me into her office and told me I'm no longer band captain bc I'm not vocal enough and its "the best thing to do for the band". Of course I'm devastated and now I'm kinda just lost. I've pushed it to the back of my head and just accepted I'm not bc anymore but every time someone says anything about it I get really emotional and upset it now my mom wants to go and cause a stink with the band director and I'd rather just take what's handed to me than her fight it. Band is honestly my life and the only thing that makes me happy and this situation is just making me more and more upset, and I don't know what to do anymore...

2. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know what you're going through, my friend. I played violin, bass, and guitar for my school for years; and one day they just cut me off. I was sad obviously, but I moved on and branched off. I'm now making my own music (which I'm very proud of) and playing gigs on my own. Sure, not playing for the school kind of sucks, but I think you're making the right choice by moving on. Best of luck to ya on whatever you do.