1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ummm so how do i tell if she likes me back?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by flamingliberal, Oct 2, 2016.

1. flamingliberal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey peeps. Im new to this site whoo. I have a crush on this girl and i catch her looking at me at dinner and stuff (im in a boarding school) and i have a major crush on her but im not sure if she likes me or not. Its also especially scary cuz im in france for the year so they have different customs and stuff and thus i might totally be misreading her signals. Is there like a trick to be able to figure out if she likes me back or is just looking at me cuz im the "cool new american"?? (lol jk im not cool). I normally ask my mom about stuff like this but she doesn't know that the person I have a crush on is not male so there is a higher chance of my crush just wanting to be friends, hence my asking all of you nice gays.
    If y'all have any tips please let me know. Im flailin here so legit any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day!!

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best advice to you is to start by trying to make friends with her. You won't really know anything about her, whether she likes girls or not, or whether she likes you, until you can get to the point of talking with her comfortably. And that takes a minimum of friendship. Whether she likes girls or not, or likes you or not, you can still be friends with her.

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am French so I think I can give you some insight.

I think it's highly probable that this girl was glancing over at you because you are American. New students always trigger interest and especially when they are American. There is also high chances that she wants to befriend you, so I would try and initiate contact if I were you. Ask her something random, like where you can find X thing or buy Y and I am sure she'll be glad to help and will start asking you questions. Once you have a more established friendship try and bring up LGBT stuffs such as " how are French people feelings towards gay marriage and what does she think about it personally ? "

Once you know a bit more about her and get to see how she reacts towards LGBT people you'll have a great insight regarding the potential of her being gay (or bi!).

I hope it helps, good luck ! x

#3 Lin1, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  4. flamingliberal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much, both of you!!! That is really good advice!! :slight_smile: