1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicidal, and I'm not sure what to do

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by 3n, Oct 4, 2016.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I used to have suicidal thoughts (attempted once), and was admitted to a mental health facility.
    It was a piece of shit, and nobody in there helped me AT ALL. It just put stress on me and my family. Not to mention I missed a week of school. I ended up just riding it through and somewhat resolving it on my own.

Anyway, I've been feeling worse and worse recently (about myself and various other things), and I've started to have terrible nightmares again (I've started to hear voices again as well). The thoughts have been a re-occurring problem as well. I know I need help, but I don't want to drag my family through that dreaded process again, and I don't want to burden them with my idiotic and useless problems. I fear I may not make it, and I want to seek help, but I know going back to the hospital will solve nothing.

I know some of my family's probably worried, but I don't what the hell to do. Any advice?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there a LGBT support group near your area? I'm sure you could get some help from them, as many of us have been there (suicidal). There should also be a support line in your area as well. I've attempted suicide, I know what you're going through.

We're all here for ya! Hugs :slight_smile:

3. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm afraid to call a hotline, as I know that authorities will call my mom, and then I'm back in the useless cycle again.

4. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello. I'm also someone who attempted suicide and was in a mental health facility.

I agree that they don't really help at all. A better solution is a therapist or being on stable medication. You might feel like you're burdening your parents, but depression is a mental health issue. Would they really prefer to lose you over taking you to see someone?

5. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Obviously no, i just feel bad forcing them to do things like that for me. Everyone has problems, i guess; and i just don't have the courage to deal with them like a normal person

6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure you feel bad, but you need it. I was seeing my psychologist once a week because I was in a severe state of depression which led me to become suicidal. Had I not gone there for help, I don't know what would've happened.

You can only do so much on your own. Sometimes, we all need a little help to lift us up. If I were you, I would try looking for a therapist.

7. FTMANDGAY

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi!

First off, If you feel your life is in danger at this very moment from yourself (or anything else) call 911. They will help you, and they will help you right now.

you did the right thing already! You reached out. You shared, and said you didnt know what to do. That is so hard to do, and im proud of you for doing it!

I spent quite a while in the hospital myself, for weeks and months at a time because of suicidal thoughts, and self harm. (are you a cutter? if you are let me know)

The suicide hotline, while sounding like a cliche and silly, really does help. so much.
    The number is 1-800-273-8255

If you prefer not to talk to someone verbally, they also have a chat, that is set up.
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

They are truly wonderful and caring people who know how to help, and how to help you help yourself.

dont ever be afraid to share anything, i will listen, no matter what. I dont know if it is allowed, if its against the rules someone tell me, but I also have offered my phone number in the past before for people who need someone to talk to.

*hugs*

---------- Post added 4th Oct 2016 at 09:52 PM ----------

OH and btw, the hotline is anonymous. You do not have to tell them your name, where you are, or anything. and if they ask and you are afraid to say no (i know that feeling) give them fake info.

8. Guff

I just got out literally today from a mental health hospital for trying to kill myself, I got stuck 8 dreadful days. I agree the people didn't help... But didn't they start you on some form of medication? Or just letting you do it all alone?

Please don't harm yourself. Please. I dunno you at all but I love you to much for you to die.

9. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I did not recieve any medication. They believed I was malignant (faking), which I obviously wasn't.

10. Guff

They thought you were faking and they admitted you to the hospital?
    How awful... The ONLY good I got from going to the nightmare was help, if you didn't even get that... Than that's just garbage.. I'm sorry

11. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Does your school have a good psychologist? I think there are some medications that you may be able to take to regulate the chemicals in your brain and they may be able to help with the depression and voices.

12. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Psych wards are awful, seriously. It's a fucking prison, really. My experience with that was entirely unhelpful amd unpleasant. Try to find a good therapist and psychiatrist. Medication really does help, I have quite a bit of experience hovering on the brink of mental collapse and medication is the only thing that helps control my symptoms.

13. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

Hey, how ar eyou doing?

Do what yu have to do to make sure you are allright. Drag anyone through whatever - they will deal.

you need help - whatever works.

Honestly what helped me the most was ACOA and Al-Anon - 12 step support groups/progams. I dunno if you qualify for any, or how old you are. Are you young enough for teen anon? they have agreat program. Do you have any friends or family members who are problem drinkers, or engage in other substance a buse etc?

I highly encouage you to contact the Trevor project. If they need to, they will contact local authorities to check on you - but they probably know best what would be helpful in your position, they may have some ideas and thoughts we can't come up with - they are the pros at LGBT youth who are suicidal. I would ask them for support :slight_smile:

My most worry is that 1. you are in louisiana (no ofense) andb 2. the hearing voices - that can be serious

you defeiniltey need more support. Get it where you can, as much as you need

Also - you may feel better from some dietary relief. Some foods are hard to digest, and can really throw off your body and mind. Americans are terrible with this . Most humans are lactose intolerant - go easy on milk and ice cream, maybe stick to lactose free cheese like swiss. butter is OK. Also, wheat and breads are very hard on the systems - you might feel much better if you can get your carbs/starch elsewhere - rice, potatoes, oats, squash, etc.
    Also, please dont eat meat and cheese together - its physically impossible to digest that combination. it will always hurt your system.

Drink plenty of water, and fish and fish oil can reall help

Take care of yourself!!! :slight_smile:

Hang in ther - its worth it :wink:

---------- Post added 15th Oct 2016 at 06:56 PM ----------

oh - and those people on the psych ward are almost always quacks. Don't let them get to you. If you can find better help in the community for ongoing support, it would be best. Perhaps a homeopathic doctor if you can find one, or a good therapist - i dunno. Dont expect much from the quacks - they really are quacks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

take care!!!!!!

---------- Post added 15th Oct 2016 at 06:59 PM ----------

Also, the Trevor PRoject not only has a 24/7 hotline, they also now have an online chat in afternoons/evenings - definitely check it out :slight_smile: