1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst month ever

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by redneck, Oct 4, 2016.

1. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had a horrible month. Three weeks ago i lost my job and this past weekend I was evicted from my apartment and broke up with my boyfriend of over a year (I broke up with him but it still hurts). Now I am back couch surfing at my moms and just sitting here trying not to think of him, but it doesn't work. I turned on the TV tonight and was looking through the channels and wouldn't you know it one of his odd ball favorite movies was coming on, I go to their recorded movies and there is a movie he refused to watch with me because he hates Dewane Johnson, I look at the Monday Night Football schedule and see that there is a game on Halloween and remember that as recently as Easter we were planning to get married on Halloween. Most of the people I know were his friends before he met me so I'm just sitting here playing around on the internet but i cant seem to find any activity that doesn't remind me of him.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It may seem like everything reminds you of him, and that's to be expected, to an extent, after a relationship of over a year (particularly when you were considering getting married).

To whatever degree possible, if something reminds you of him, try to avoid it (turn off the show, put away the old gifts and clothes, etc.). If you find that everything you do reminds you of him, try establishing some new routines or find new hobbies. One benefit to your situation might be that you're free to branch out in whatever direction you want - and the more new things you do, the less you'll be reminded of your ex.

Most importantly, do something on Halloween! Keep moving.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey that's tough and things like that always seem to group themselves together which makes them seem worse. I suggest when things mind you of him, as they will, you should remind yourself of the reasons you ended the relationship with him.

4. CameOutSwinging

I just finished reading your previous thread about your boyfriend and everything crazy that was going on. It sounds like you went through a lot, and it sounds like there's a few months of story I don't even know that led you to end things with him.

Sorry that it has been such a rough month. Hugs!

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hang in there! (*hug*)

6. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The few months in the middle that you missed? Meth has became his best friend. A few months after we got together he admitted he did meth and I told him that i absolutely hate the stuff. Back then it was maybe 30-40 bucks a month. After he got out of jail from the previous post (was gone about 3 weeks) he showed up and I was just so happy to see him i took him back. 2 weeks later I was back working and received an insurance check from being hurt for almost a month. We used it to move into our own place (was staying with my best friend at the time).

After we moved his meth use increased dramaticly. I would get paid, put gas in the car, and get enough cash to pay rent. There was 2-3 times i would come home and go to bed only to wake up and find my car, him, and part of the rent money gone. When he would return he would be high and half the gas i put in the car was gone. Of course this created arguments and I quit getting the rent money in advance but it didnt help the gas in the car thing. This was really wearing on me anyway.

After i lost my job a few weeks ago he was able to talk to someone who knew his dad and the guy gave him $200 to help up pay rent. Well that went poof for drugs. It took everything i had in me not to leave him right then and there. We found a friend of ours who is on a monthly check who was willing to get a 2 bedroom and pay up front while me and my man found a job. He gave my man some money and it got poofed for meth too. So he cost us our place and then cost us the place we were gonna move into as well. That was the last straw.

The messed up thing about this is I really love him so i feel like an ass. I know that when i left he had no job, no money, no place to go, and nothing but some clothes. I cant help but sit here and worry what has happend to him.