1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mental health at university

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by laviedadele, Oct 6, 2016.

1. laviedadele

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been swamped with the most ridiculous paranoia, anxiety and down feelings. I feel uneasy spending extended time with people. I can only put the act on for so long and feel very drained. I don't want them to get close enough to discover how empty I am inside. All I want to do is withdraw. Everyone around is doing so much and having lots of fun and I feel so much pressure to be having a good time.

I hate myself. If I think about what I want to achieve my answer is simply that I desperately don't want to be me. But at the same time I feel so selfish, my life is a million times better than so many others on this planet. How do I snap out of it? Do any of you have any tips for when this creeps up on you?

2. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I personally have dealt with this kind of thing. I used be really depressed to the point of where I could not function. The best thing you can do to get out of something like that is to find an outlet of some sort. This can be anything, as long as it helps you vent or just get everything out of your head. For me, that's music. If I'm feeling very depressed or anxious, I songwrite or play music.

3. killswitch0029

I'd check and see if your university offers any counseling services. A lot of them offer free mental health assistance for students.