1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alone and afraid

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by junia1997, Oct 7, 2016.

1. junia1997

Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, everyone!

I'm 19 and couple of years ago I understood that I'm a lesbian. It started when I had a crush on a straight girl when I was 13... I didn't have any relationships both then and after we parted our ways. I just lived, lonely and kinda confused.
    When I became 18 (still never have been in a relationship) I met a bisexual girl and we went out couple of times. She was my first date, my first kiss. The problem is, she lives in another country, so we said our goodbyes. After a year, this summer, she visited again and we went out 3 times.
    Now I'm at a university, 19 and feeling great, except for the fact that I'm all alone. I have couple of close friends, but I really want someone special in my life. In uni one of my friends is a cute straight girl... Whom I fell for. It happened again. She knows about my sexuality and is cool with it, we went out as friends, so I don't wanna ruin it.
    :confused2:
    Why do I always have to like someone I can never have? I've even been thinking about dating my guy friend but it seems so weird and I doubt I'd like it. The more time I spend alone the more confused I become. Now I'm just waiting for the next summer to see my long-distance not-girlfriend to make out and remind myself of my patheticness.
    What should I do?..

Sorry for long post

xoxo
    June

2. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel all alone does your college have a GSA or anything similar?

As far as wanting to be in a relationship goes I understand the not wanting to be alone part but keep in mind that a relationship just so that you are in one almost always comes with its own set of problems.

3. Hushhh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

I guess it is perfectly normal longing to have a steady relationship at 19.
    It's part of maslow's heirarchy of needs.

But you know what, just bcs you can't find someone to love for now, someone who would surely give it back, doesn't mean you're not going to find it.
    When I was your age, I also wondered at times how it felt to be with a guy or a girl. Thankfully most my friends at college were single so it was fun times for me.
    I was free to drink and go out with everyone I liked, I travelled and went anywhere without the need to let anyone know where I was(except if mom asked)

After college, I was 21, being at my twenties and a virgin surely brought me down sometimes. Yes I satisfied myself when the urge came, haha.
    Anyway, I had awesome bffs that never let me feel left out.

Ok heads up, I'm gonna say some cliche. Forgive me, but I think it makes sense.
    Don't look for love anywhere, bcs you might find them in the wrong places and mostly they could get hurtful and messy. Let love find you.(but if course you need some flirting too haha)

But if you want to enjoy meeting other women, then go out there and flirt. You're young, just be responsible. You know, stay away from transmitted disease and all. Best of luck! :slight_smile:

4. junia1997

Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you!
    I know, love will come... I'm just so sad sometimes

5. junia1997

Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes, I know that :grin: Well I'm slowly starting to make friends among students (not gsa though) but we're not that close. Somehow I feel that I need romantic affection in order not to feel lonely