1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship problems

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justsomeklutz, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Justsomeklutz

So my partner has cancelled our engagement. And it turns out that she is in love with somebody else. I knew she had feelings for somebody else. But I isn't realise quite what to what extent those feelings went. I came home from work expecting to not be in relationship. Instead I'm told she is in love with this other guy. But she's adamant these feelings will pass. And that she still loves me. But thing is. She doesn't fall for people easy. And when she does. She loves them for a long time. And even though this guy is leaving. I don't think these feelings are going anywhere. Anytime soon. And I don't know what to don because the more it's sinking in the more depressed and heartbroken I'm feeling. And I know the worst is yet to come. Him leaving. :***: :tears: :bang:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If she's gone as far as taking the step to cancel your engagement, then I don't suspect things will work out - sometimes couples bounce back from things like that, but more often it's a sign of things to come. I also don't see why you owe it to anybody to stick around with them while they pine for somebody else.

Do you live together? If so, it might be time to start looking for a different place to stay.

3. Justsomeklutz

Thank you for your reply, we got back together, but ever since then it's just been a rollercoaster. And I just don't know what to do. I'm just so constantly on the edge all the time bout it I get frustrated and she askes why. And I can't tell her because I don't want her to feel bad. Because I know she didn't choose to fall in love with him. But I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm just so stuck on what to do.