1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Relationships

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ThatRandomBen, Oct 7, 2016.

1. ThatRandomBen

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first time posting here, but I really need some advice. So I am a freshman in college and am openly out for the first time in my life. This new found confidence has left me wanting to find a boyfriend to share this experience with. I guess I am really wondering how I can find other gay guys? I joined Pride, and it seems like all of the guys are already dating (or have dated) each other. I am having a really hard time meeting prospective men and find myself feeling really lonely about it.

Thanks for the help!

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first suggestion would be to start by meeting other gay people for friends. It might be counter-intuitive, but the more gay people you know, the more you're likely to eventually meet someone who's single and with whom you have a mutual interest.

But you've made some great steps already! Joining pride at your school will introduce you to a lot of people. Get in touch with one of the couples and ask if they want to hang out this week. :slight_smile:

3. Rainbows~Exist

I feel your pain! :tears:

Every gay person in my college knows one another/has had some sort of "intimate" history...

4. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh man I wish I knew. I keep away from the pride groups because I feel super out of place there. It's kinda awkward being a 'straight-acting' gay guy. Most people would never even guess. I did have a friend with benefits though who was very sweet. Just talk to new people and look around, I guess.