1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight girl crush can't get her out of my head

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shasta, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    So a while back I met this woman. At first i didn't like her. But now things have changed and i can't get her out my head. I am in the questioning stage. I have always liked girls as far back I can remember. Never got intimate with one. Been with men, but it was only cuz they agreed to help conceive. Met them on known donor. I don't know this woman at all she's at a least decade older than me. Will talk more later

2. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's better for you to post this in other forum to be specific and receive more advice from the members. You're a bit hidden here. :icon_bigg

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see you're fairly new to EC, so I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you (*hug*) You can literally post anywhere on the forums, because different members read different forums, so don't stress about that part. I read the anonymous section, chit-chat and general support and advice, and also fun and games. Even if you posted anonymously, you'd still eventually get a reply :slight_smile:

I can see how this bothers you (straight crush) but don't worry - we've ALL been there. I went as far as telling one of my younger female friends about my crush on her, and she was very polite and nice about it. She declined the offer because she's straight but she was flattered, and our friendship hasn't changed as far as I know. Haven't seen her in a while though, but I talk to her frequently and she seems ok with that knowledge :shrug:

If you can't get this woman out of your head, then it most definitely is a crush. You mentioned that she's a decade older than you - are you of legal age where you are, which will make a massive difference in the replies you receive. Of course when you're younger (like 18, for example, and she's 28) then the age gap might have an influence on how the two of you get on (Not necessarily dating, since she's straight, but in general). If you are in your 20s, and she's in her 30s, then the age gap shouldn't matter AS much. You get the point, right? :grin: Well, I think you did a good thing to post about it on EC, because many of us have experienced the same straight-crush situation, so can try our best to direct you and give advice or tips.

In the meantime, my advice to you is to take your time to figure out exactly what your sexual and romantic orientations are (They're not always connected). Don't rush into anything. Figure yourself out. You mentioned that you've been into girls for as long as you can remember, so that's a good starting point. You've had sex with guys for the sake of conceiving (How'd that work out for you by the way? Were you able to conceive?). So now all that's left is to figure out if you're bisexual or a lesbian. Sounds simple enough, right? It's not always that simple, but you already know you like women, so that's good.

And remember, even if you come out as one or the other, and later on realize that you're actually not bi (or lesbian), but you're lesbian (or bi) - Depending on which of the two suits you better :slight_smile: It'll be just fine if you come out more than once. I have, and though it confused the shit out of other people, they are mostly accepting now. My homophobic parents and sister aren't quite so supportive, but they leave me alone at least. So yeah, just go with the flow and be happy! (*hug*)

4. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not a 100% sure she is straight, but assuming she is just to be safe. As for age, she around 45 i am 33. At first, I could not stand her and she scared me. But something changed and now I like her. As to why she scared me. She is one of those people who have a "way of making things happen" she pretends to be scary, but isn't. Very successful and personable. We are currently working a business deal out, so I don't want to make things awkward between us. Tried googling her, but can't find much.

My history, the last time I felt like this about about a girl I was in high school. She worked as local reporter at the time. I took initiative and wrote her. She wrote back. She wanted to me so we did and we hit off. We became very close and people started suspecting were a couple. My mom accused her of converting me. I remember feeling hurt because I just saw her as another person. My sister would make fun of me. We ended up having a platonic relationship. It never went past hugging. She was 7 years older than me. She moved away and eventually decided that she was straight and is happily married with children.

I have tried to have relationships in the past via online, but the girls were to fowarad. They would send pics of themselves nude and tell me what they would like to do me. It freaked me out.

I feel my sexuality is fluid. I changes upon who I am interested in. I have had way more crushes on girls than guys. There was a brief moment when I was very interested in a guy who was 14yrs older than me. He read me like a book. I had just accepted the fact that my friend was straight, so I was hurting. I remember him saying. " I don't what you think I am going to do to you, but I would never hurt you." He taught me a lot about credit and financing. He made it clear that he just wanted to be friends and I was fine with that. But he is the first man and I could see myself with. Other than that I have never really had any relationships.