1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worrying

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Naxams, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Naxams

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry for the bad title but I couldn't think of a better word at the moment. Anyway, I keep worrying about things like things that don't even matter and it's been making me really stressed and just feel really bad about myself. For example, I say something/do something stupid and I get quite embarrassed, then I keep thinking and thinking about it for months maybe even a year after it happened and I keep thinking and getting stressed over a stupid thing I did and I keep thinking of how that person that was there/saw what I did thinks of me even though it was something small and insignificant. I just keep thinking about it all the time about it and I keep getting more and more stressed over it to the point of I just feel like lying in my bed all day and do nothing. Even as I write this I am thinking of how people will think of me and if they will think I am just a whiny little bitch who just wants attention and sympathy. So yeah, sorry it this turned into a rant of sorts it just has been bugging me for so long and I just had to let it out.

2. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds like depression fueled by low self esteem. Your "inner critic" is working overtime. I have/have had the same problem. Counseling can really help. A counselor can show you what's really happening in your life and that knowledge can help you understand it and accept yourself. That's called Cognitive Therapy. You will see that you are normal and not unique, although dealing with some things in an incorrect and perhaps self destructive way (I don't mean physically destructive). You are unfairly torturing yourself and a counselor can help you sort it out, literally.

#2 B a r e f o o t, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016