1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my dad showed up at my work drunk :/

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ilovesg, Oct 9, 2016.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    my dad picks me up from work because i can't drive yet. usually its fine but last night he went out with his friend and they both came into my work drunk. it was so embarrassing and i had to tell them to wait for me outside. my dad is taking me to school tomorrow and were going to disneyland together this week but i feel dissapointed in him and awkward. he embarrassed me in front of my coworkers and boss but im grateful that he gives me rides. i also don't want to fight before we go to disneyland :/ should i see if someone else can give me a ride? i just feel weird about it

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For now, finding another ride and telling your dad that "someone else volunteered, you're off the hook" or something like that would probably be fine. Assuming you're not being driving around by him when he's over the legal limit, this should get you through the next week or so and keep the vacation from being incredibly uncomfortable.

In the long term, though, if this is standard/normal behavior, then it would help to talk to someone about it. You might start with your mom (your profile mentions you're out to her, so I'm assuming you have at least a decent relationship) - she may already know, but she may not realize it's spilling over into her child's life. If your mom's not available or not interested in responding, you might try another family member. In any case, if you can get someone to talk to your dad, that might be the first step. If that doesn't help, then you might consider talking to someone at school or (depending on how well you know everyone) at work, if it continues to be an issue.