1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drunk Texted My Straight Crush and Almost Outed Myself Ahhh!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hptrek314, Oct 9, 2016.

1. hptrek314

Like a lot of people on here, I was the cliche in high school that fell in love with their best friend. She moved away to a Catholic college in Ohio after graduation (did I mention she's Catholic and boy crazy?!), and we only see each other on breaks a few times a year now, but she's still my long time crush that i'll always wonder what if. Now, as a junior in college i'm finally accepting myself as very very lesbian (with the help of this site!) and i've been wanting to come out to her. It's been on my mind a lot, so last night after one two many shots from bar hopping with my friends, I decided at 2am it'd be fun to drunk text this girl I talk to maybe once or twice a month or so. I told her she's amazing that she's my best friend even though we aren't close anymore and that I had something to tell her when she woke up in the morning. Around 8am this morning, I woke up to a text asking what was up, and I quickly denied it and now I feel like i've missed my opportunity HELP :eek:

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you look at it as a lost opportunity. The fact that you chickened out seems like you're not quite ready yet to come out as lesbian. There's no rush, just keep being awesome and try not to treat her differently than you have in the past, even though your heart longs to be with her. So what if she's straight and boy crazy? So what if you have a crush on her? So what if you ADMIT your crush to her? I doubt that'd change your friendship. If I were straight, and one of my friends were to tell me she's a lesbian and has a crush on me, I'd honestly be flattered. Maybe she'll see it that way too? :shrug: