1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fell for a maybe straight or not girl

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by themostfly, Oct 10, 2016.

1. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    SO...I'm going to try to keep this short, but...

An old friend of mine has sort of always stayed in touch with me via facebook. She'd always ask when I'm coming to visit her, but it got sort weird to me at some point. She would text me any time it was even a thunderstorm. I'm serious lol I know I can be weird, but she'd be like...I reallly want to see you and every time I visited her area, she'd sort of disappear. I just figured she was busy.

Needless to say, I visit and we're texting. She asks if I want to do breakfast and I'm like...sure I"m down for anything and she's like...ohhh anything? Alright, so I see her and it's not magical, but I haven't seen her in a long time. We talk and she asks what I'm doing that night (nothing). Then tells me to come to a club. I'm like...sure.

And at this point, I'm just thinking this is friend stuff. No biggie in my eyes.

Well, I get to the club, and I see her. She looked great of course, but she was very touchy feely and I realize straight girls get that way when intoxicated, but she wasn't. Rubbing her hand from my shoulder to my wrist...brushing her breasts across mine.

Then she started staring and it wasn't any kind of stare. It was like a "come get it" stare. She cocked her eyebrow, looked me up and down. She did this maybe 5 times. At this point, I'm like...whoa. Finally I go over to her and she tells me that she was going to say something to me but never mind. We stare some more and I have to go. Before I go she asks me to call her when I get to my friend's hotel room which I find odd...it's 3 am. Then she reiterates...don't forget to hit me up.

Well, nothing happens. I hit her up but I sort of missed her attempts at trying to see me. She started talking about being hungry. So I asked, why are you really up. She responds that it's going down in my texts lol

So...I went home and I only live a few hours from her...we started talking or texting everyday...sometimes for 6-8 straight hours. Watching tv shows together. Flirting (I think). She'd take pictures of herself and bed and send them or make little innuendos about how there are no "bushes" where she lives...All sorts of comments.

Then she tells me she has a boyfriend. Whoa. I retract from here, but she's steadily texting me about stuff.

So fast forward a few months and I visit that area again for an event...and decide we'll hang out. Before I go...I ask her what she's doing and she says, why? are you trying to see me?. I say yes and she sends all these smilies and says "I hope you're ready" and I'm like ohh do you have something planned for me? She's like no...I'm jsut that breathtaking. Ha.

So I'm nervous about that lol but still...she has someone. I have other friends there. I'll hang with them anyway. I get there and weirdness from her at first until the next night and she tells me she's going to some spot and I should come. I go, but she's with a friend (and this is the same friend who had a lot to say in the previous club experience. I didn't mention that, but as I'm standing near her...I overheard her friend say "Stop going over there to that girl!"). The friend has this hissy fit and wants to leave. they do and I'm sort of drunk and sad lol We text all night and in the morning, decide to have brunch.

Well, brunch was awkward. We talked a lot and then she stared a bit. When I left, I messaged her that I wish I could say what I wanted to say to her. She responded with "but you wont because you're afraid".

The next month was full of us sort of being odd with each other and I freaked out on her and called her delusional.

She stopped talking to me completely and I know I deserved that to a degree. I tried apologizing, but she never responded or contacted me until now.

I just had a birthday and she sent me a very thoughtful message early in the morning.

I know I should just walk away and say whatever she's being nice. We're both just fine, but was there more to her messaging me on my birthday?

Am I just imagining all of this?

2. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that the friend likes her too and is jealous because she giving you attention and not her. The friend is discouraging your friend from exploring her sexuality.

3. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, that was odd to me, but I also thought...maybe she brings that friend around because she's afraid too? Idk.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you are imagining but at the same time it's hard when things are so unclear. Maybe you should just be honest with her and see what she says. I mean as it is it's ok but it can't go on like this forever.

5. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, I wonder it's worth the time. Been thinking about it.

6. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do think she is into you personally.

I would get sick of all the games and probably would tell her I am into her if I were you though. You don't seem to see her often so you don't have much to lose anyway!

Good luck and keep us updated x :slight_smile:

#6 Lin1, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  7. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you for that advice. It's a little sticky because we have a bunch of mutual friends, but I'm thinking about it.

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see you're fairly new to EC, so I would like to welcome you here :slight_smile:

About this situation you find yourself in, I tend to agree with the others. It sounds like she may be into you, but is afraid it'll ruin the (odd) friendship you have with each other. The fact that she mentioned her boyfriend tells me that she's trying to keep you at a distance, because of her fears and uncertainty. And maybe she senses that you're into her, and is scared because it's so new to her.

I think it's time you step up to the plate and tell her how you feel. Also reassure her that it won't change the friendship from your side if she doesn't reciprocate, but you just feel like there's this tension between you two and you would like to clear the air. You don't have to come out as anything (I see you're questioning) but just tell her that you think she's amazing and you would like to see where it may lead, provided she feels the same way about you.

9. themostfly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's good advice and a lot for me to think about.