1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helping my (transgender) best friend

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by RainRose, Oct 11, 2016.

1. RainRose

Hi all,
    So I have a best friend, who is transgender - male to female - and she is looking to go on hormone replacement therapy. And, well, as a slightly overprotective friend who also happens to really love her friends, I'm scared for her. But more so I'm worried I can't support her adequately with the limited knowledge that I possess in this area.
    I've known her for years, and she's a special friend. So I would like to be able to support her adequately. If anyone has any advice of what I might be able to do that would be great! Also, I'd really love some more information about what changes I might expect to see in her, and how those changes might affect her thinking, so I can help her. She is a very, very special friend to me, and as such I want to support her.
    Thank you
    Rose

2. Andrea7579

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Rose,

What a lovely and inspiring entry you wrote. I guess many of us wish we had a friend like you.. kind.. understanding and helpful. I can't give you first hand experience of what changes there will be (yet!) but certainly know what changes we all wish!

Love

Andrea

3. RainRose

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for responding :slight_smile: I was honestly afraid no one would respond.
    I wish you all the best luck and hope all goes well for you! I hope you'll share your experiences with me.

All the best

Rose

4. Andrea7579

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Rose,

Id love to share my experiences with you..it is so nice you are interested

Love

Andrea

5. AfraidandAlone

Just be there to listen to her, don't try to give her advice or make suggestions as to what she should or shouldn't do. If you are unsure about somthing ask her.

#5 AfraidandAlone, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016