1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a crush on me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by falconfalcon, Oct 15, 2016.

1. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

I met this person... and it was awkward, because they were at work, and it was a professional interaction.

There was a level of relating...

the jobdefinitely got in the way of commmunications

i came to realize they had a crush on me

and I was falling in love with them

And then communication had to stop because of some difficulties around the professional relationship. Which was very unfortunate, and I trid to work around it and they wouldn't go out on a limb

what i want to know is - this crush, does it mean anything? are the feelings for me serious. or at all loving? or was it just meaningless attraction, that maybe they don't even want or value?

...thanks

2. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think anyone can answer as to whether this persons crush on you means anything or are serious except the person who has/had a crush on you. But if someone told me they had a crush on me I'd have no reason to doubt it. As for you coming to realize they had a crush on you, you would be in the best position to interpret that; whether you are sure of it and how sure you are, how you know etc. The only people who can know these things are you and the other person. If you really want to know and/or pursue this, you will have to talk with that person.

3. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Blootsvoets,

The only way you can affirm this person has crush on you is to talk to them. What makes you feel that they have crush on you? It is obvious? Or are you just getting that feeling. Like your are picking up vibes of them.

I will offer some advice.

I don't know what you classify yourself as, but if classify yourself as straight are you a 100% sure? Or did you go through life feeling the odd one out? Like something is different? Something is missing? Did you get married and have kids because you felt like it was like you had to do. I know that do this, I try to pursue relationships with men because I feel like it is what I supposed to do. They never got serious because I didn't feel right. Until recently, I always thought that it was because i had not met the right guy. Then I met this person and it was like whoa! what just happened.

I am going through the same thing I met someone and crushed on them, but do the nature of the relationship "business" it is something that would be ineappropiate to pursue. I also found out this person is straight so in would be bad for me to pursue.

Here what happens with me. I go through life hiding the fact that I am hide the fact that I am questioning my sexuality. Every once in awhile I will meet that person that some how knows that I am questioning myself. I get the same vibes off of them that they know I am questioning myself. It is like they sense it. When I meet someone who is bi/gay/ lesbian and they don't tell me I will sense that they. I will get this feeling that there is something different about them. I will want to have them, but push the thoughts out of my mind because i don't want to offend them. This happened to me last year. I worked with a girl and got this vibe off her that she was into girls. I repressed my feelings and few months down the she had girl friend.

it happened to me about three months ago. I met this person and could sense something about them. I pushed them out of my mind. For a brief time I felt cheated by this person. So I began to not like them. Every time this person contacted me it irritated me and wanted the convo to be over. Then something changed. I began thinking about this person and questioning them. So I start questioning myself and asking myself maybe I am gay?

They only way to know for sure is to try out. Reach out to this person and get to know them. If it turns out that you are not gay let them know that you will be nothing more than friends.

respond with your thoughts. That is what this form is for to give people a safe place to explore themselves and ask questions.

#3 Shasta, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016