1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what would be the best way to handle this?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ruben30, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Ruben30

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently met this guy in school 5 weeks ago, he knows i like him and i know he likes me. Everything was good then there was a misunderstanding and i made a mistake, i thought he was ignoring me and he thought i was ignoring him. I watched him walk out and then i thought 'thats it he doesnt want to know me anymore' and so i got angry and upset then i told my teacher because i needed to talk to someone. Now he says he doesnt trust me anymore, i dont want to call him because i said i wouldnt till next week and im going crazy not being able to fix this i think hes just being difficult. He never actually said he hates me or its over or he doesnt like me anymore, hes not even angry he just said he doesnt trust me anymore. I dont get what im supposed to do because i dont want to lose him and it was a misunderstanding it just sort of happened.

2. robclem21

I don't fully understand the situation, but a great starting point should be an apology. Trust may take a while to earn back but it is possible since it doesn't seem like what you did was that terrible. I would have a conversation with him in person saying you are sorry about what happened and that it was a misunderstanding. Tell him you still like him and if he is willing to give it another chance that you would be open to that. Be understanding if he needs space or time, but the steps after that will be up to him.