1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate dick pics and there's much more to it.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by B a r e f o o t, Oct 17, 2016.

1. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    On some sites and apps which I have seen and used in the past, it's a "popular" thing to post dick pics. Guys seem to want them, or those posting them think they do. I hate them for the most part. To me the male organ doesn't look appealing except a very few uncut ones that I've seen when they're flaccid. But it's more than that. Seeing a dick doesn't turn me on at all. I'm not sure if it does others or not, but I assume so since people post the photos. Those photos rather disgust me. [because] What I like to see and what turns me on is a smooth, skinny, hairless body and a "pretty" face; long hair is nice too (on guys I mean, I'm not into girls). I'm also not interested in anal sex, giving or receiving. Touching, feeling, petting, cuddling, kissing, making out and oral sex are what I like. It seems like, along with so many dick pics, guys also seem to be focused mostly or a lot on anal sex. I feel like my preferences (which are quite solidly fixed, have never changed and aren't flexible) don't fit in and that most guys wouldn't be interested in me as a sexual partner because of them (or the lack of those that others have). I'm concerned about ever finding someone who can be a match for me. What thoughts do you have about this?

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of gay guys have a fascination with dick. It's true, and I know I'm one of them. I've always been totally fascinated by them.

With that said, however, I don't think that people should send pics that are unsolicited and unwelcome. Just avoid people who post those things. In your profiles on these sites/apps, make sure you say that you're interested in touching, cuddling, kissing, oral, etc. and say specifically that you're not interested in anal. Being more specific in your searches for people can narrow down to those who share your likes/dislikes.

Otherwise, just know that even though you don't really enjoy looking at dicks, a lot of other guys do and it's the reason why you see it happening so much. Just be who you are and you'll find those who share your feelings too.

3. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm also wondering if my preferences being different are likely to make finding someone a lot more difficult. It seems like they do and I would think so but I'm not sure what others think.

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Honestly, same here. No offence to any people with dicks but I just don't find them attractive at all, even though I can be attracted to and would date a cis guy or pre-op trans girl. And that's okay, not all lesbians or straight guys will find vaginas attractive.

I'm sure you'll find somebody, don't worry too much about it! You're far from the only gay guy who doesn't like dick pictures, and even for guys that do, it wouldn't be the be-all and end-all of a potential relationship.

5. 108

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really attracted to dicks either. I can be in the right moment, but if a stranger is sending me a picture, a nice body or smile is going to impress me much more than a penis. I can't get turned on from a sexua organ alone, but clearly many men do, and that's why we have to be inundated with unwelcome pictures when we use certain apps/websites.

6. AKTodd

Sounds like you're attracted to what are generally referred to as 'twinks'. So are a significant number of other people.

About 20% or so of gay/bi men aren't into anal sex to one degree or another, ranging from 'well, if you really want to' to 'hell will freeze before I ever do that!!!' and everything in between. Another chunk of guys may be into anal but aren't so attached to it that they are going to care (at least at the level of a hookup or dating - less sure about a long term relationship) that they aren't going to be doing it with you.

As others have said, own what you're into (or not into) and be up front and honest about it. Beyond that, make an effort to present your preferences and boundaries in a positive way. Talk about what you're into in a sufficiently comprehensive way to make it clear (to most anyway) that anal isn't on the list. Or just flat out say you aren't into anal while talking up the things you are into.

While this will be a dealbreaker for some (perhaps most) guys, in a sufficiently large pool of potential candidates there will be plenty of guys who are into the same things you are.

My 2c worth,

Todd

7. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the replies. What I'm into most of all, is naked cuddling and making out. Oral is great too but I have no interest in anal. I have found, I believe (no one ever said so I can only assume) that I get passed up because of my preferences and/or lack thereof. But I like what I like and it's never changed, so I know it isn't going to. Like with being gay, I am what and who I am.