1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to respond to you have a crush on me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shasta, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I highly doubt this will happen, but if my crush were to ask if I had a crush on her. How would i respond. I'm in the closet and not ready to come out. How do I respond in way that opens the door to communication, but doesn't eliminate possibilitis.I'm ashamed of liking her.

2. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you have to be honest and straightforward if she asks. Having a crush is a yes or no thing, there's no "maybe I have a crush"; either you do or you do not. If she asks that question, perhaps she feels the same and it would be wrong to lie. I wrote a reply to your post about feeling shame. Your feelings are a part of you. They are you, and you must learn to accept them and accept yourself. As I said in my reply, you have no control over who you have feelings of love and affection for. How do you have shame for something you cannot control? Did you set out ahead of time to develop a crush on her? Did you plan it? If you were to say you did, then I would know that was a lie, because you couldn't even if you tried. No one can. And by the same logic you can't decide or plan to not have a crush on someone. You cannot be held to shame for something you can't control, can you? Of course not. But if I were to have a crush on someone, I wouldn't wait for them to ask me; I would be letting them know how I felt and asking them first. Please allow yourself to be yourself freely. I wish you well.

3. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    No I didn't plan it just happened. In fact I used to not like her. But from the moment I met I could to she knew something was up with me. She sly causal approach to me letting me know everything was going to be ok. But the odd thing is she is 50+ has kids and grandkids. According to her interest she may have had addiction issues because she likes a 12 step program and one about staying clean. Has someone one her Fb profile that is very helpful to me right no "If life wants to. Change you let it.

All though she is nice comes off to me as a little messed up.