1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People say I don't let let them in

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shasta, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    People say I don't let them in. What does that mean

2. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It means you are guarded with them. You keep them at a distance, not sharing your feelings.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As Blootsvoets described in his response...is the true meaning of what people are saying to you. I know this because I have been told this off and on by people as well especially in recent years. To be honest..they are correct ...but in my defense...there are times when I do not even realize that I have my guards up ...but at the end of the day..it is what it is as far as I'm concern. I will leave my response with this little story because this is a very recent situation. This guy I met on social media had in my opinion a very bad habit of sharing too much and I am a pretty private person and do not post pretty much of anything about myself as well as pictures. I am not into that and its just not my thing although this is a very popular practice these days. Anyway...I was having a very personal conversation with this guy which kind of gave this guy some aspect of what type of a guy I can be. Before I knew it...he had posted on social media about our conversation and how he felt about it which was something he did not share with me....but his post of our conversation was very intimate which really surprised and annoyed me because I did not expect him to do this. Once I saw this on social media...I contacted him to let him know that I did not appreciate him sharing personal conversations with me on social media that are private. He responded that he is an open book and love sharing every aspect of his life for his online friends to comment. The reason I brought this up in my response to you because he had said the same thing about me not letting him in like you had mentioned people saying to you. However, just goes to show you...why would I let you in if you are going to post what I am sharing with you on social media??? To conclude...I am on your team with this one...because more than likely...you are doing yourself a favor by not letting them in because in the long run..it could turn into a bad situation which will guard you up even more. You will know who to let in and who not to and more than likely if you are not letting people in then to me...its a given reason why you're not and to keep it that way. Just saying.:thumbsup:

4. RainydayTofu

RainydayTofu Guest

People say this to me too. I had no idea I was doing anything wrong... and really I don't think I am, but to many people it seems like you're prehaps being overly guarded, secretive, defensive.

People seem to worry about me being quiet- I think perhaps they are concerned I won't speak up if I have a real problem (and they're right!:slight_smile:).

I can only speak for what people mean when they've said this to me- probably at least a bit different in your case. If you're like me you had absolutely no idea you were giving off that vibe until someone pointed it out?