1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the oldest you have fell for

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Shasta, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm mortified that I have fallen for someone who is old enough to be my mom. How did you get over it? I know we will never be together, but it won't go away. Any ideas? This just isn't right

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Give it time, lots of time. I needed to cut off communication with every guy that I've been with regardless of age just so I could move on.

I've been with dudes that were quite older than me, and it didn't work, so experience alone allowed me to accept that it wasn't going to work out with someone too old for me.

3. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This guy that I fell for but we just wound up dating for a Summer was at the time..55 years old and I was 26. Just to add..he was hot, sexy and very intelligent.

4. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been on the opposite end of that, me being the one old enough to be a parent to my partner. It worked well for us until she was killed in an accident.

Really, it totally depends on the people involved. Age does not equal maturity nor youthful attitude and, shared interests and activities. If you can overlook the age difference, and ignore the rude remarks, being assumed to be parent and child, then, it can work.

5. CoconutOilLady

She was my 42 yr old teacher and I was 15/16.

6. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never dated someone older than myself - in fact I've only ever had one partner, and they were about a year and a half younger than me.

The guy I've got a "thing" for at the moment is 27, though, nearly 28. Almost 10 years older than myself...

7. CoconutOilLady

Just to clarify though, we never dated - obviously. With her being 1. my teacher, and 2. married to a man

8. Rachelmk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I fall for someone, especially for someone totally inappropriate for me, I usually let the infatuation run its course. Eventually, rationality wins out and I realize that there's little to no hope for a real future with the person and I can continue on my way like nothing ever happened. It usually takes a couple weeks.

9. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    10 years older than me. He was a great, gentle and very sweet guy. And also smart and definitely good looking.

10. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For real, only 18 days older.

All my previous crushes were younger than me. I feel creeped out by the idea of dating someone much older than me.

11. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I just found out that once again, I'm on the old side of such an equation. A 21 year old just admitted that they've fallen for me, I'm 50 so yeah, grandparent material LOL.

Needless to say, I don't look my age, I look about 30 to 35 I'm told, and if I do my makeup right, I still get asked for ID to buy alcohol and cigarettes so I'm not turning the young one away. They are quite mature for their physical age, we mesh well.

12. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a huge crush on my old boss. She was 44 and old enough to be my mom at the time; I was 21. What can I say? I have mommy issues... :grin:

13. TheGreyBetween

I can say a lot about this subject! When I hit puberty I fell in love with a former teacher of mine who is now 68 years old (if she's still with us . . . which I don't know.) At the time she was about 43 and I was 11 so 32 years older than me. I was in love with her intensely for 7 years of my life, through other relationships with people . . . it didn't go away quickly and changed over time. However, I may be borderline (I seem to meet some of the criteria, especially looking back on things), so I don't know if I count this the same as what other people have experienced. Before I fell in love with her, I hated her or at least thought I did. As I said, it was a very intense period of my life. A lot of good happened with us, but eventually too many bad things happened; but even despite all the negatives, I still loved her long after that, and didn't let go of hope. It took a long time, but I did move on.

She wasn't the only one, though. I have had a series of very intense loves in my life, most of which on older people by varying degrees, almost all of which I had no chance with (they were married, straight, etc.) So lots of unrequited love, I'm afraid.

I'm with my partner now who is 21 years older than me. We get along very well and have a lot in common. Sometimes he is more like my "mom" than my boyfriend, but I am going through a lot right now and have been for the last two years. He is there for me when others have not. He supports me in ways I have never been supported before. I can't really imagine how my mental breakdown would have gone down if I was with my ex-husband . . . *shivers.* Maybe it would have been okay, but somehow I doubt it.

I am a bit of an "old soul", I often have more in common with people who are in their 50's and 60's now rather than people my own age. I in fact grow inpatient with people my own age and younger, and feel like I can't relate to them. Despite that, I do have friends in these age groups too, they're the exception not the rule.

If it bothers you so much, Shasta, try not to dwell on your feelings; I know this is often easier said than done. Busy yourself with work, school, hobbies, art, writing, music, etc. Put yourself out there and date others. Eventually you'll get over it. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as it did with me.

14. Blinko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    38 year old lady when i was 20

she was motherly and i got too attached probably coz i was raised by a single dad and had 'mommy' issues

anyway, she took me at my own pace and deeply cared for me until she had to travel abroad...

i thought i couldnt get over her and cried daily...time is a healer...i still miss her though

15. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I guess part of is that I have mommy issues and I feel that i try to seek out that in others. Could be part of my depression too as some days are better than others and I dont think about how her much.

16. reny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I had a crush on my thirty something teacher. I actually took his class just to see him everyday. I found someone else to crush on, but I don't think my feelings for him ever went away.

17. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Older men. Younger women. I don't know why but that's it for me.

18. out4now

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The last 3 years I've had feelings for a co-worker who's 18 years older than me. I use to think age gap was a problem but after her, I don't know anything anymore. It really comes down to life experiences.

19. Blender

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    21. To be fair I was a lot younger too.

20. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status: