1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared and sleepless

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Vishal2564, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Vishal2564

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello,
    Thank you for reading my post.
    I am a gay male and I had protected anal sex with a guy of unknown HIV status. I was the receiving partner. He came in me but he was wearing the condom. While he was taking his dick out, the condom slipped halfway out but it was still on the shaft. I could feel something sticky around my ass but I am not sure if it was the lube or cum. I got tested in 10 days and it came back negative.

Last week, I had unprotected oral sex with a guy of unknown HIV status and I was the one giving the blowjob. I tried to deepthroat but it hurt my throat and I gagged and stopped. He did not ejaculate in me. Next morning, I got a sore throat and I could see a read tear mark at the back of my throat and tonsil. I am not sure if it did bleed or not. I am freaking out and cannot sleep. I got the rapid test done and it came negative. They also did the RNA test and I am waiting on the results. Two days later, I was trying to clear my throat but I could see a little blood when I spit. I am not sure if it came from the tear in my throat or from inside.

I am very very scared. Please help me. Am i at risk?

I asked both the guys if they were negative before and after the sexual encounters and they said they were negative. But people lie and it scares me. Please help me.

2. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well...I applaud you for getting tested...however, I am kind of baffled as to why you had unprotected sex with someone after you went through what you did with the first guy?? I am not trying to be a smart ass or nasty...I am just asking out of curiosity due to the fact that its been well mentioned of the dangers of engaging in unprotected sex and the risk of doing so. Therefore, I have to assume that you were well aware of this and just was willing to take your chances so to speak. I would suggest contacting a pharmacist at a local drug store over the phone and tell them about your throat and ask them if they could suggest anything you can take. Honestly...the only other thing I can suggest to you at this time is to wait for your results and if you believe in God..PRAY that those guys were not lying to you and that everything will be fine. Best Wishes...JS

3. Vishal2564

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't have unprotected anal sex. I was not aware that oral sex poses such a great risk.

4. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh..okay..my bad..I misunderstood...you did say you had unprotected oral sex...I misinterpreted what I've read...my apologies...As far as I know in regards to oral sex...The chance an HIV-negative person will get HIV from oral sex if there's a chance the partner may be HIV positive is extremely low. However, it is hard to know the exact risk because a lot of people who have oral sex also have anal or vaginal sex. The type of oral sex that may be the riskiest is mouth-to-penis oral sex. But the risk is still very low Nonetheless...I hope your test results are good....

#4 JonSomebody, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  5. faustian1

I have read a lot of scientific papers regarding the risks of oral sex, in addition to examining the CDC's risk estimator features. What is clear is that receptive oral sex carries a very, very low risk. Statistically, if the other person was HIV positive and not being treated, it appears the statistical risk of transmission is 1 in 2500 events, or even more infrequent. The reason for this is apparently (the short story) that saliva is a relatively inhospitable environment for HIV virus. I realize that you may have done some damage to the tissues in your mouth or throat, but you should also note that the typical person has periodontal bleeding at any given time, and even this is not known to be correlated with transmission.

Testing, however, is the best way to set your mind at ease. Here's something that may help you feel a little more confident: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/hivrisk/estimator.html The only way you're really going to relax about this is to get tested, but you have to wait awhile before the usual tests are specific enough to be a reliable negative.

#5 faustian1, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  6. Vishal2564

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am waiting on my results and praying to God every single minute that it comes back negative.

7. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't understand, why is it that in America you can get tested a few days or a few hours after an unprotected encounter ? Where I live (in Europe) they would litterally refuse to test us unless 6 months had passed between the time of the unprotected encounter and the time of the actual test as otherwise the test would automatically come back negative since HIV needs time to actually develop? Are things different in America ? it seems like everyone can know if they have AIDS an hour after having sex, but it doesn't seem very logical to me ?

OP, the risk of you contracting HIV through oral sex is extremely low, next time use a condom if you don't feel like you know your partner enough to trust him to say the truth about his test results.

Hopefully your tests come back negative. X

8. Vishal2564

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you Linning, i did the rapid test to confirm my encounters before 90 days and they did the RNA test that takes into account all the encounters 12 days before testing.

9. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vishal2564,

I think you should talk to your doctor and ask about PrEP. Here's a link to the Centers for Disease Control's page on PrEP, also known as Truvada. I think it may help ease your mind and allow you to relax about your sexual encounters. You still need protection, but this may be an added peace of mind.

PrEP | HIV Basics | HIV/AIDS | CDC

10. Vishal2564

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Imgay47,
    I wanted to get on Prep but I couldn't because i am taking medications for lung infection and i cannot combine any medications with it because it reacts and my liver functions go high. So until i complete my lung medications, i can not go on PrEP.

11. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sending out positive thoughts your way...but I think from going back and reading your post again that you will be fine...If its okay to say...please let us know how your test results came out...JS:smilewave

12. Vishal2564

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I will definitely let you guys know. Thank you so much JS. I really appreciate all your help and support. I am not out so i can not share my pain and anxiety with many people, you guys have supported me a lot. Thank you!

13. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are so welcome...I'm glad that my words could of some help to you....JS

14. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok. Hopefully you won't be on the medication for long.

Based upon your posts, I think you'll be ok.

15. Vishal2564

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello all, sorry I couldn't log in as i had forgotten my username....i got my test results and they are all negative....thank you all for your support!

16. JonSomebody

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:smilewave:smilewave:smilewave

17. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the update! Very happy for you.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: