1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I hate my life

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by yeahyeah, Oct 24, 2016.

1. yeahyeah

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I think I hate it but I don't want to. I'm not the person who I wanted to be. I'm shy and socially awkward. I don't have many friends (the few I have, I don't hang a lot with them). I ruined the relationship I had with my ex. Now we are friends but I still love him, I want to be with him. My life is boring and I don't think I'll ever date a guy again, because who would like to date me and my boring life. I don't know what I'm good at and I'm scared that I'll be alone for the rest of my life.

2. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I don't know how old you are but by what you've said (and I've heard similar many times) I would guess you're a teenager. Why do I say so? Because in the teen years there is a time when everything in life seems awkward and just "wrong". We all go through it. I remember mine. I know it doesn't seem so now, and you can't see how, but this will pass and things will get better, as long as you don't make bad choices or go down any wrong paths (and you will know those when you see them, just listen to that little warning voice inside, it knows). It isn't easy for any of us being gay, because society isn't yet as accepting as we need it to be and because we are few compared to the straight world. Try to concentrate on good and positive things, a little at a time, and things will slowly improve. The day will come when these times will be a dim memory. Trust me, I've been where you are. Concentrate on just today and make it the best you can, every day. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is just another opportunity to make things better. Soon enough you'll find something that interests you and that will be the thing that you will become good at. And there are enough gay people out there so you won't have to be alone. It's a big world with many people and opportunities in it, even if where you are right now isn't where you want to be. I wish you well.

3. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

)Unless you are older than a teenager (and do let us know :wink:, dont worry at all. this is normal - happens all the time. It will BE OK :wink: Take care :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(just be yourself - as you grow up and your life changes, it will work out :wink:

(*hug*)

#3 falconfalcon, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  4. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey yeahyeah! :slight_smile:

I used to be in a similar situation not so long ago. It's possible to feel better even if you don't see it right now. :slight_smile:

Have you tried looking for professional help? Maybe a good therapist could give you some guidelines in order to feel more comfortable in social situations. Additionally, opening up with the people you trust, like your friends or your family, is very helpful too. They love you and know you well so they can give you some good advice. :slight_smile:

The most important thing is having a positive attitude and being willing to make a change to improve your life even if that implies getting out of your comfort zone. This might be scary at the beginning but once you've done it you'll start to feel better.

Don't worry for not knowing what you're good at. Probably there are things that you enjoy and make you feel good. If not, it's never late to try new things and find out new passions. :slight_smile: