1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wish I was Normal....

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DJHale, Oct 25, 2016.

1. DJHale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you ever wish that you were normal?
    I do. I wake up most days hating myself for who I am because I'm different... or a freak.
    I feel wrong in my own body, uncomfortable, and it doesn't help when family isn't very supportive at all.

I wish I could wake up one day and be normal again. Feeling as though I belong, am straight, and cisgendered. Maybe it would be best to deny how I feel, and hide who I am....

2. DAFriend

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never be ashamed of who you are. Family isn't always the most supportive but, you don't have to live with them forever.

I know it's the hardest thing in the world to be yourself now but, down the road you will thank yourself for being strong and doing it.

3. Eris

Eris Guest

honestly, hating myself was one of the things i experienced when i was younger and growing up. because of how homophobic my family (specifically my mom) is, and how conservative Asian societies can be, i grew up thinking there was something really wrong with me, and that i was born to be an evil person. it took me 7 years before accepting myself - and the road was never easy.

interesting thing is, i never wanted to identify as a lesbian for some reason. that word kind of irks me off. but since i found new terms by joining the SAGA community online, and realized that people worldwide experience similar things as i do, i found it much easier to accept myself and know that im not alone in this.

so no, i no longer wish to be "normal". im perfectly happy being someone that loves females - i really cant see me getting into a romantic relationship with guys tbh, and i would never force myself to do that.

to deny how you feel is only to wait till that feeling emerges again and possibly in a more intense way. working to accept yourself takes time and confronting the truth is indeed difficult. whether you hide yourself or not is a different question however, as it would depend on whether it is safe for you to come out.

personally, im not ready to - even though i really hope to bring some social changes to this country, in any little way possible, or to just simply out myself so that i can meet people like me in real life - i think its simply too risky.

4. Nils

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The 'feeling uncomfortable in your body' might be a form of dysphoria, though I have never really felt dysphoria as I am cis, so I wouldn't advise on taking my advice lol.

But i can definitely relate to not feeling normal. Or feeling like an imperfect copy, a fuck up, wrong, and a mistake. You just have to remember that there is no perfect copy that you have to compare yourself to. humanity is so very diverse, and no two people will ever be exactly the same.

5. HuskyLover

Maybe. Maybe not. I'm glad I have my preference, although if I were straight I might have felt the same thing, but differently. Hating yourself isn't the answer to anything though.

6. AfraidandAlone

I feel like that every day, it has gotten a bit easier since I have come out to a few people. Another thing that has made it a bit easier is having some women's clothing. I only ever wear them in private but it still helps make me feel a bit better about my self. For the most part I have come to accept my situation and that for now there is not much I can do about it. Try not to dwell on it too much, and do what you can to make your self feel better about your self and try not to belittle your self, there are enough other people who will do that for you.