1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick of feeling inferior.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by OtakuFreak, Oct 27, 2016.

1. OtakuFreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm honestly of feeling so inferior to everyone else, I constantly put myself down without intention almost all of the time. I've had this for about a year now and to be quite honest it's tiring and stressful. It's like if anyone mentions the word 'cute' 'attractive' or any vocabulary which describes beauty, I suddenly think 'Oh, you're not cute, your ugly no boy could ever look at you'' and get sad about it.

I'm just sick and tired of hiding beyond coats all of the time, I am always self-conscious without them especially with college here so I rarely ever take it off, I feel ugly but i don't care because it makes me feel more comfortable, and if I ever wear anything but a coat, I think I'm getting stared at, judged as ugly etc. It's just so tiresome to never be comfortable in your own skin to the point of where you don't even want to exist anymore.

I've been to a psychologist for a few weeks, it helps momentarily and I'm back where I started in 2 months after stopping it - I talk to my mom about it, my sister too but my father is just an imbecile who comments stuff like ''Are you keeping the weight off'' today which makes me feel fat and honestly disgusting.

I just don't know what to do and i'm just at the point of being suicidal again. Any tips are appreciated.

2. iiimee

I'm sorry you're going through this- I feel like I'm growing through the same thing, just more with my height, babyface, and pretty much everything that makes me feel like I'll never be masculine... I'm full-grown but still look 12. Testosterone should help with that, but... I mean, it's not like I even care to be attractive... I just don't want to look like a child and constantly be disrespected because of that... Hopefully once my voice deepens from T people will recognize that I'm a guy- not a 5 year old guy- but a teenager. Honestly, I just feel like a loser because my sister was really popular throughout all of her school years, and here I am, patiently waiting for a time when I can confidently say my best friend or the only person to respect me is 30 years my senior... Ugh, I hate it. Sorry, I didn't mean to railroad- I just wanted you to know that I understand the pain. What I recommend is trying to look at anyone or anything besides yourself, and not compare it to yourself later. It's not a permanent fix, but doing this can sometimes make me less bitter towards myself when I'm at my absolute worst... I don't know how much it'll help others, but there ya go.

3. Asking

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All right, let me just get one thing straight here: I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, but it seems like you're around some pretty judgy peeps. I myself am actually pretty ugly, but I don't mind it at all since I barely have to look at myself. Let them suffer, anyone who actually deeply cares is a jerk, and thank god you seem to know this. Yeah, not worth your time, you seem pretty cool. Don't go on that path again, just keep what's important in sight. Learn a skill, become supremely educated in an area, be better than the norm at something. Just my advice. Good luck! Bye!

4. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can agree with Asking in some ways. Sometimes your environment can affect your mental state when it comes to the people around you. You can try meeting people with the same hobbies as you, and you might be able to think less about your appearance and more about what you're focused on. Direct your energy on something else and not emotions that can be self destructive. I know it sounds easier said than done, but give it a bit of time and it'll help out in the long run. Coping with stuff like this doesn't disappear out of thin air.

5. Asking

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ha thanks. Looking back, that looked pretty harsh. Sorry if I offended anyone, my language is naturally awful.