1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I meet other lesbians?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by hillwanderer, Oct 29, 2016.

1. hillwanderer

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm 22 and recently graduated from university. I've somewhat recently realized that I'm a lesbian and I feel like I'm in a huge rut because of some circumstances in life right now.

- I can't seem to find a decent job, even though it seems I've sent out my application to all ends of the earth.
    - I can't come out to my homophobic, Christian parents until I move out of the house and am no longer dependent on them, which I can't do until I find a job.
    - I have almost no dating experience because I haven't met many other queer ladies (never been in an actual relationship).

I feel like my life will never start, and right now I just want some independence and to meet other lesbians/queer ladies for a relationship or just friends. Of course I would have to keep it a secret from my family, but I've done that before a few times when I went on a couple of dates. I live near a decent-sized college town with a significant LGBT community, but what holds me back is that I'm afraid to go to meet ups or bars alone, and my friends are straight and busy and I couldn't ask them to come with me. I haven't had a lot of luck with apps like Her; it seems like people match up and then never talk, much less meet up.

Any ideas for meeting women?