1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carol (book/movie) made me realize I was gay.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Thirteenly, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Thirteenly

Thirteenly Guest

I don't know where else to say this and I feel like I have to say it. For the longest time I thought I was bisexual, but there were feelings that I just.. I didn't want to be with a man, I genuinely felt like I had "options" in dating, despite I couldn't help whom I fell in love with. I thought I'd fall in love with a man.

I've never been in a relationship or in love, but I've had crushes (and yes, crushes on men, and I still get them), but I'm... gay. I read Carol and everything clicked, and I saw the movie and I just cried. I haven't experienced that yet, and I hope to in the future, but it's just.. everything I've wanted in a movie, in a sense, their relationship. Just the beauty of it all, I just felt like.. well.. something for me, you know?

That's all I have to share: this movie/book helped me come to terms with my sexuality.

2. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am going through the same thing. Except I met someone and fell for her. Suddenly everything is starting to click. I like you get crushes on guys. The crazy thing is thing is this person is straight, but everything is falling into place.