1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Crushing On Her?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Silver Snow, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, there's this girl. She's a cashier at Walmart. She's been working there over a year now. It's a long story, how our conversation went beyond "Did you find everything okay?" so, I'll skip that part.

At first I just wanted to talk to her. Hang out, get to know her. This was back when I thought I was straight. I knew right away though, that it was odd the reason I really wanted to get to know her was because she was pretty.

Now, though, over a year later, it's different. Even though I hate leaving the house, I'll take any excuse to go to Walmart and I always make sure to get in her line. If she's zoned out and doesn't notice me when I pass by, I feel so disappointed. But at the same time, despite the fact that I want to see her all the time, I'm insanely self-conscious when she looks at me. I freak out about how I look and get really nervous. I just want to disappear because I want to look perfect. I put on makeup every time I go to Walmart now. I want to talk to her, but I feel shy and don't know what to say. I can't take my eyes off of her when I'm there, and when I'm not, I think about her a lot.

The last time I saw her she didn't see me at first and then all of a sudden she was like, "Hey, it's you!" She explained that she was exhausted from working two jobs and wasn't paying attention. We chatted for as long as we could, but she works the 20 items or less isle, so she's always supper busy. Anyway, right as I was about to leave, I couldn't help myself, I said, "You look really good today." I mean, she looks good everyday, but I knew if I said more it would have been awkward and embarrassing. After I spoke, she looked right at me with those beautiful blue eyes, and said, "Thanks, you look good today too." And she looked at me, she like really looked at me.

Okay, so, I know it's stupid to freak out over this. Girls say stuff like this and more to each other all the time. But, I can't stop thinking about it.

I've never felt this way before. Is this a crush?

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a very cute story and I would say it's definitely a crush! :slight_smile:

Does reminds me a lot of my trigger crush who happened to work in a mall and also had "beautiful blue eyes" :wink:

Is there any way you could hang out outside of Walmart ?

#2 Lin1, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  3. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been wondering that myself. I'm just not sure if it's possible right now. I was thinking of saying, "We should hang out sometime." But in my experience, nothing usual comes of statements like that.

I don't know. I just don't know what to do. I keep telling myself just to let it go, I'll probably never be anything more then another Walmart shopper. But the thought of not seeing her again if she were to quit devastates me.

What should I do?

4. Really

Maybe one day you could ask when she usually takes her break. Suggest you could get a coffee/frozen yogurt/donut together someday on her break. Have you ever talked about some interest of hers that you could say you'd like to hear more about? People like to talk about themselves so I'd use that to initiate spending some time with her outside of the store.

What do you think?

5. Silver Snow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That could work. I don't know why I haven't tried that before. I just can't think clearly around her. Thank you for your help, by the way. It mean a lot.

6. Really

So...? Anything to report?