1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want to Feel Human Again

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DaveWho, Nov 8, 2016.

1. DaveWho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel so empty, and I'm so alone it feels like I have no options. I know I need to "get out there" and "meet people" and every other obvious thing. But I feel like such a freak, I can't socialize. So I resort to drinking more than I should. I know this only makes things worse overall, but in the weak moments I seem powerless to resist the urge to escape.
    And the self sabotage continues. I try to take steps to rebuilding a life, then destroy it all because I can't deal with the world as it is. I suppose I'm looking for solutions to solve my state of misery, when I should have just maintained my life as it was and seek therapy to deal with my issues. But I'm ashamed and I can never bring myself to trust people, so all this feeds into my reluctance to seek this help. I know it's not logical, but as in other areas I let my passions rule me.
    So, how do I begin to break from these chains?
    Maybe this is just a venting post, but I you have advice you think would help, I'm open to hear. If you read this mess, sorry:rolle: And Thanks! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 8th Nov 2016 at 10:09 AM ----------

Hmm, I don't know how to edit. I also apologize for some bad grammar above :lol:

2. falconfalcon

falconfalcon Guest

Wow. That was a perfect description of what brings a lot of people to 12 step and what qualifies them for it. Have you dropped by? I am a huge fan of 12 step. I get a lot out of ACOA, and i hope you check out AA too. Its a great way to get on a path to sorting out your life , and being happy.

" then destroy it all because I can't deal with the world as it is."

12 step is exctly for dealing with stuff like this. The best place i have found to find wys to solve this and havea good life :slight_smile:

" But I'm ashamed and I can never bring myself to trust people, so all this feeds into my reluctance to seek this help."

again, perfect. Join the club! there's a lot of us. One of the best things about 12 step is you dont have to trust anyone - everything is up to you :slight_smile:

I hope you stop by some meetings (not each meeting is the same as others, they are independently organized and run) :slight_smile:

Take care :slight_smile: