1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is dating so hard?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lilfreida, Nov 8, 2016.

1. lilfreida

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have always been shy when it comes to getting to know people. This makes dating hard. I haven't dated a lot. I don't do clubs I'm not out going like that. I've tried the online thing a few times with no success. It's not a huge LGBT scene where I live. I just find it hard to find what I'm looking for. And I don't know where to look. And I'm bisexual so it's even harder.

2. B a r e f o o t

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Same here. There are likely a lot more gay or bi people than we think, but here at least, they're closeted. We've needed a place for them to gather so we can feel comfortable approaching them not having to wonder if they are straight. I found a group so that helps. For a supposedly gay friendly state (Maine, and it's not as good as outsiders think) people aren't very open about it. Maine people aren't as friendly as they seem outwardly anyway. I haven't had any success online either and I've been at it a while. The last boyfriend I had came along when I least expected it, approached me first and from a place I didn't expect. I think it happens that way more often than when one is looking for it to happen. It takes meeting a lot of people. We're not that plentiful and I admit that I am particular in my likes and dislikes. I wish you well.

3. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because people don't know what they want

4. Shasta

Out Status:
    Some people
    When it comes to dating girls I don't know where to start because it's hard to find girls interested in other girls. For me they are either straight, taken, too old, too forward, etc. now guys i just talk to him and get know him after awhile I will know if we are compatible

5. killswitch0029

I second this opinion. Even when I was "straight" dating was a chore. It's not a gay/straight/bi/whatever thing, people genuinely just suck