1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight guy? What is up with all the eye contacts

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ScottDavid, Nov 10, 2016.

1. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so there's in guy in my classes. I see him everyday besides friday. We're both in uni so our classes are huge (300+) people. The thing is, we always always make eye contact with each other! Like in class or just anywhere. Whenever we are close to one another, eye contacts always happen. Like one time i was walking down the stairs, i noticed he looked up and STARED at me, we were far away, and there was like a glass window between the stairs and the ground level (where he was staring at me from) and i was so far up at the stairs. And one time I decided to look back at him and try to hold the eye contact, and he just kept on staring instead of looking away. Plus this guy is friends with this asian guy whom i'm pretty sure is gay. It's just so weird caz ppl don't usually make eye contacts with other ppl so out of nowhere this often u know? Does he wanna beat me up caz he thinks i'm gay? No one would suspect that i'm gay unless they friends with. What do you guys think? I've never talked to him before.

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2016 at 04:52 AM ----------

Oh and i forgot to add. This guy has had a gf before.

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey ScottK12,

It's possible that he is marking you because he doesn't like you, but, as you describe it, it is unlikely that it would be because you are gay.

However, it's also possible that he's interested in you 'that way.' Are you sure he's straight? He could be Bi or even gay. A lot of gay guys have girlfriends as a cover it they are still in the closet or if they haven't yet accepted that they aren't straight.

Is he someone you'd want to get to know as a friend?

Just some thoughts.

3. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yea i just wanna be his friends as he's in my program. Should i talk to him? *It'd be so awkward tho

4. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are in classes together, why would it be awkward? At a minimum, you could start a conversation talking about class work, I would think.

If you have any mutual friends, you might ask them about his interests/hobbies because if you share any of them, that would be another good topic of conversation.

But initially, you might just want to start saying 'hi' to him - especially when he meets your eyes like that and you have his full attention...

5. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

i started talking to the guy that he's friends with. I feel like it'd be weird bc we both know we look at each other. And like what if he targets me caz he hates me lol

6. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What if you just talk to him in the classroom initially. He isn't likely to do anything negative there, is he? Especially an instructor is present?

And, if you just start by saying 'hi' a couple of different times, I would think that you'd be able to quickly get a feeling as to whether he is hostile or not....

7. ScottDavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Good idea aha like i've talk to his friend when he's around. And i just straight up ignored him lol