1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vent thread

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by YeahpIdk, Nov 10, 2016.

1. YeahpIdk

Hello lovely EC Crew:

The election results are scary. It is okay to feel scared. It is natural to feel like you should go back in or stay in the closet out of fear. DO NOT COME OUT IF YOU ARE SCARED. It doesn't make you any less lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer, non-binary, asexual ++++ As well, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO COME OUT. You are still supported and loved.

I want you to know that we are fighting for you, fighting for this travesty. We have not been quiet, and aren't willing to be silenced into submission.

Feeling fear and uncertainty or apathy or distress or powerful and proud are all valid, real emotions that are okay to feel right now. If you need to talk about it, please share your feelings. We are all here for each other. (*hug*)

2. Paxana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    being around extended family members, who are all part of the god worshipping far-right, is extremely terrifying for fear of how they'd react. with the election, it feels 100x worse since i hear them constantly spouting off things about how much they hate people like us, and threatening to disown my cousin. i honestly can't wait until i move out and never have to go around them again.

3. Agirlhasnoname

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not yet out, and I'm honestly terrified now. I was so close to telling my family I'm friends the past few weeks and I'm almost glad I didn't. I don't think Trump is as terrible as media makes him out to be.. But the fear is still there. Especially with Pence. I was so ready to be happy finally.. Now I feel like I'm back to square one. :frowning2: I wish I had the strength to just be out and proud.. Fight for all of our rights and I feel like a coward because I can't.

4. Gunsmoke

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, hey, you're not a coward at all. There's no shame in putting your own safety first. Just coming on here and being out on this website is a brave thing to do. We can handle this fight, join in whenever you're ready. We will save a place for you! :slight_smile:

5. YeahpIdk

Hey guys, I'm sorry I'm only answering back now. I've been exhausted from everything, which feels so stupid, but whatever.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this. (*hug*) Is your immediate family supportive? You don't owe them anything, but I understand how horrible it must be to hear people say hateful things. I deal with hearing ignorant things sometimes, and that makes me crazy. But hateful...whole other level.

I know exactly how you feel. I've been being pretty laxed and was going to go public to more people about it, but I stepped backwards a little deeper into the closet. I'm lucky to have friends and family who know and are extremely supportive, but something about hanging it out there to dry for everyone to see seems way more threatening than it once did. We will have to wait and see what happens. We can't let hateful people bring us down. That's what they want. But we have to stay safe. We really just have to see how things go. (*hug*)

Save a space for me, too!