1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Studying Abroad...LGBT friendly countries?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LeticiaTheLesbo, Nov 23, 2016.

1. LeticiaTheLesbo

Hi! I have the chance to study abroad in a foriegn country and have narrowed it down to 3 countries. Argentina, Ecuador, and Uruguay. Anyone know what views towards the LGBT are here? I'm 16 years old, lesbian, and generally fit the lesbian stereotype of short hair, no dresses, etc..

Thanks!

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My best advice would be to do some research into local attitudes first. Argentina and Uruguay are well advanced in making legal provisions for the LGBT community (not so sure about Ecuador) but that may not translate into social acceptance.

3. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was in Argentina this year and, as in many countries, the big cities are quite liberal but the more provincial towns may have more conservative attitudes.

The Roman Catholic church is big all over South America ... if you know what I mean!

But it sounds a great opportunity and I'm sure you will enjoy it wherever you go!