1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Such a painful situation

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Seagypsy, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Seagypsy

I know it's not uncommon in the gay/bi scene for people to have multiple relationships all at the same time, but what would you do if the person you met did not want to be in that position, and also if they had Bipolar disorder? You and them might really like or even love each other, but what makes it so hard is I don't want him to lose the people who really understand his bipolar as he needs them. If he started a monogamous relationship with me, and it all fell apart because I am not good at handling his issues, then he would have nobody left! That's why it's so hard :frowning2:

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a difficult situation. If you want monogamy and the other person does not, you might just not be compatible and need to search elsewhere.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure what you're asking here.

First, it is pretty unusual to have polyamorous relationships. And even more unusual for those relationships to actually be healthy.

Second, how would he lose these people if they are friends?

Third, why would you go into a relationship with someone if you already know you aren't good at dealing with his mental health issues?

If you can clarify better it might be easier to offer meaningful input.

4. Seagypsy

Firstly, he got dragged into the polyamory situation because of stuff going on in our workplace, it's quite a long story. Basically he was the team leaders favourite and she was seeing him for a while, so of course people got jealous and he got dragged into it.

Secondly. I had n idea he was mentally ill until several months had passéd, I just knew the situation was a bit weird and sometimes he made me feel uncomfortable even though I really liked him. I didn't know he had mental health issues bless him. I just dont want to take hm away from the people he needs in his life. Love him though